Review: fi’zi:k M5 BOA

Iwan Kemp

I've been using these shoes for just over 2 years now, with the moldable insoles fitted. I was skeptical about the BOA system, but it has only given me trouble once, after a big off into a puddle of sludge at Red Barn. The dial became loose, and wouldn't ratchet, but after rinsing it out with my water bottle, everything was back to normal :) Really good shoe for wide feet at a very good price!

Replaced my previous specialized shoes with these as I was getting some nasty hot foot. Has defiantly helped with the hot foot, very comfy shoes that I would recommend. Only issue is that the toe box is not as protective as what I was used to with the specialized shoes, if you hit a rock you feel it a bit more.

Have this pair and the carbon soled version

Like a slipper

Love it

The Italians know how to make a cool looking, yet very practical and durable, skoen.

Have been riding in a pair of these since end of 2015. These are without doubt the most comfortable MTB shoes I have owned; they have proved durable and offer a great balance between power and flex. If I replace them, it will be with a similar pair without any doubt.