MTB training rides in PE

Foxie

Hi there , I am going to be in Port Elizabeth in December for holiday, I am doing epic 2017 and do not know any rides or trails in the area. I need to get some good rides in over this period. Anyone know of groups riding or some good trails?

Hi there , I am going to be in Port Elizabeth in December for holiday, I am doing epic 2017 and do not know any rides or trails in the area. I need to get some good rides in over this period. Anyone know of groups riding or some good trails?

There is a daily road training group you could hook up with and some rides in the valley off road - http://robbiesbicycleconcept.co.za/ will help you hook up with people or where to ride.

I am certainly not Epic ready in terms of fitness but I ride most weekends in The Baakens Valley. You are welcome to join me. Typically ride for 20-30km.

There are some lekke routes out at Crossways, there is a 70km Black route that apparently will give you a decent workout. Try this guy, it is on his farm and he might direct you to the serious riders.

Brett Puttergill 0833206153

• 2 weeks later...

Or you could ride from PE out to Crossways and do the red or Black route , or ride from PE out to Longmore forest and ride there , some nice long climbs and awesome descents , there are a few of us that will be doing this during the holidays , you are most welcome to join us . Best would be to chat to the guys at Robbies Bicycle Concept or Cyclo Pro , they would be best to advise