The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahrain-Merida’s Sonny Colbrelli surged to victory at Wednesday’s Brabantse Pijl, getting clear of the peloton with a select group in the final 40 kilometres and taking a convincing win at the line in Overijse.

Strong ride from JJVR today.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

How have the Dimension Data boys been faring this year? Have'no seen or heard much of them lately?

Strong ride from JJVR today.

How have the Dimension Data boys been faring this year? Have'no seen or heard much of them lately?

PREVIEW Amstel Gold

In one sense it’s a shame to see the final ascent of the Cauberg gone. It was always thrilling to see who was strongest up there, and whether they could hold an advantage to the line. On the other hand, it did make the race quite predictable, with most teams riding for a showdown on the Cauberg. With that final ascent now gone, the race should theoretically open up considerably.

The last two climbs of the race aren’t nearly as hard as the Cauberg, and therefore not as selective. And being a little further from the line also makes them less of a natural springboard for the puncheurs in the race. Of course, there will be riders that try to get away on these final climbs and it should make for exciting racing. Whether anyone’s able to get a gap on these ascents and hold on to the end remains to be seen.

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/04/preview-need-know-2017-amstel-gold-race/

@Seanp Di Data have been quiet this classics season with Scott Thwaites' performance at the Strade Bianchi our best. Iirc that is. Hoping they'll do better during the Ardennes campaign!

PREVIEW Amstel Gold

In one sense it’s a shame to see the final ascent of the Cauberg gone. It was always thrilling to see who was strongest up there, and whether they could hold an advantage to the line. On the other hand, it did make the race quite predictable, with most teams riding for a showdown on the Cauberg. With that final ascent now gone, the race should theoretically open up considerably.

The last two climbs of the race aren’t nearly as hard as the Cauberg, and therefore not as selective. And being a little further from the line also makes them less of a natural springboard for the puncheurs in the race. Of course, there will be riders that try to get away on these final climbs and it should make for exciting racing. Whether anyone’s able to get a gap on these ascents and hold on to the end remains to be seen.

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/04/preview-need-know-2017-amstel-gold-race/

Should be a good race!

CORVOS_00026456-147.jpg

The Ardennes classics hold a special place in bike racing’s tapestry. While Milano-Sanremo often ends with a duel between sprinters, and the northern classics a battle between hardmen, the Ardennes — La Flèche Wallonne, Liège-Bastogne-Liège, and, by modern extension, Amstel Gold Race — are a clash among cycling’s long-distance thoroughbreds.

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/04/from-the-mag/waiting-game-patience-wins-ardennes_435451#u2LDwsDFvd0uCjCX.99