Hi there - quite new to the addictive MTB sport and looking at a decent entry level bike for around 5-6k. I have seen some decent well specced Titan Sports, Giant Revels and Axis A60's, but having difficulty on choosing. Is there a sort of ranking sheet i can refer to, lol?

I am about 1.74m , weighing around 90kgs and looking for something smooth, strong and fast. I dont intend becoming an avid trail rider, but possibly looking at the light trails now and then. will propably do more Beach, recreational pavement riding.

in addition, what do you reckon is my frame size? i would think medium based on the chart sizing guides.

What are your thoughts?

Looking at the Axis A60, I'd say it's fine for a start. The Specialized Pitch also doesn't look too shabby to begin with, if you're willing to outlay an extra R900 above your six grand limit.

I'm just on 1.80m, and ridden a few medium sized in the past, and found that they were a tad small for comfort, so I went back to riding a large frame. My suggestion would be is to maybe visit your LBS and ask them if you can test out some of their bikes (medium and large) around the parking lot to see what you're comfortable with.

Just got a proper good deal on a Spaz Pitch Sport for my wife (within your budget I must add... yay for Black Friday  :P ).

Unfortunately couldn't go for a ride this weekend but will put it through its paces this coming Saturday/Sunday.

I've messed around on it a bit in the driveway after fitting proper flats and feels really solid - very impressed so far. With my wife 1.73m, it is a medium, and me being 1.87m, it's obviously not the right size for me, but not stopping me from popping a wheely or two in the driveway  :P

Awesome little bike and definitely an option for you if you manage to find one within your budget.

Hi there - quite new to the addictive MTB sport and looking at a decent entry level bike for around 5-6k. I have seen some decent well specced Titan Sports, Giant Revels and Axis A60's, but having difficulty on choosing. Is there a sort of ranking sheet i can refer to, lol?

I am about 1.74m , weighing around 90kgs and looking for something smooth, strong and fast. I dont intend becoming an avid trail rider, but possibly looking at the light trails now and then. will propably do more Beach, recreational pavement riding.

in addition, what do you reckon is my frame size? i would think medium based on the chart sizing guides.

What are your thoughts?

i also started a month ago. What i did was go to someone that does bike fitment and asked their advice on what size. I then looked at secondhand bikes in your price bracket. I eventually got a sola 4 almost new. For 7200. Even got a warranty. Look at second hand. You get more for less. Try to get air shock. Remember that helmet, shoes, bib, computer( cheap), shirt, pants, water bottle, sunglasses?, pump, spare tube, tools etc. Costs extra. I spent about 3500 on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk