Two Oceans Half Marathon: Substitution

Kerchak

My wife was lucky and she got an entry via the ballot system for 21k and I lost out.  :(  Phoned them and pleaded for an entry, but nothing.  Only option is a charity entry or substitution.

So, any Hubber out there who has an available entry??? :rolleyes:

My wife will be looking for a swop with an ultra. Will be her 10th. Did not get an entry for the ulta.

• 1 month later...

Shucks, missed out on the "affordable" charity entries.  were gone in 60 seconds.

Any how, still looking for an entry. 

I would just like to ask why the half is so popular?

It is probably the most droll, ugly, boring 21km route out there and it's so packed.

The 56km is rad. Pretty and well laid out. But the half is probably the least appealing route on the half circuit in the cape.

Is it the 'I did two oceans' syndrome or is it because it is on the Easter weekend and folk are on holiday? 

I am not being mean or trying to offend anyone, but having had this discussion with numerous people we still can't really figure it out. 

Is it the vibe? Drinks at forries afterwards etc? An excuse for the Vaalies to visit Cape Town? Personally I do running races for the running race and find the crowds/parking and general city shutdown a bit much! I prefer the winelands half or even Lion of Africa as the field is small, parking/access is a breeze and they are super well organised.

I wonder how many people are going to do private auctions for their extra entries.  I think this new system sucks. Dont know why they dont just make the race bigger and accept more peeps.

I would just like to ask why the half is so popular?

It is probably the most droll, ugly, boring 21km route out there and it's so packed.

The 56km is rad. Pretty and well laid out. But the half is probably the least appealing route on the half circuit in the cape.

Is it the 'I did two oceans' syndrome or is it because it is on the Easter weekend and folk are on holiday? 

I am not being mean or trying to offend anyone, but having had this discussion with numerous people we still can't really figure it out. 

Is it the vibe? Drinks at forries afterwards etc? An excuse for the Vaalies to visit Cape Town? Personally I do running races for the running race and find the crowds/parking and general city shutdown a bit much! I prefer the winelands half or even Lion of Africa as the field is small, parking/access is a breeze and they are super well organised.

My husband runs the ultra and has done so for the last 7 years, I did the half 1st time last year because I got tired of sitting and waiting at the finish.

Was lucky enough to get another this year and I love the vibe..thats why I run it and from friends that Ive spoken to..its also the vibe.  People are so friendly and encouraging on the road.  

I wonder how many people are going to do private auctions for their extra entries.  I think this new system sucks. Dont know why they dont just make the race bigger and accept more peeps.

I think they have 18000 slots for the half... that is already an insane number.

I think 12000 Ultra entries, which is also nuts.

You are right there, the support is incredible. Cape Town really does get up and make it a thing.

See you on the start line for the Ultra. I'm running with my mom who is coming out of a 15 year retirement in 2017 to do her 14th. The galloping granny on the comeback trail in her 60's. 

snip*

It's like the argus/ctct of running!

Good luck to your Mom..wow! I was adament never to even consider a Ultra but now im thinking 2018 might be worth a try.  100 days to go..

100 days to go..

That bit of news got my eyes popping this morning. Still felt so faaaar... In for my first ultra. Half two years ago was my first funrun. Last year long trail. This year the real deal.

After doing the half I also wondered what the fuss was about, other than support next to the road. Something like Safari is a much nicer half, Winelands marathon is very nice - never did the half. Don't know how Cape Town Marathon's half is - the marathon was pretty nice this year. Did the trail there last year - and while it was an awesome race, the non-event at the finish was disappointing. (Maybe that has changed now...)

I have one entry and I'm also looking for an additional one. But if seems these entries are like hens teeth.

I would be willing to substitute my half marathon entry for two trail entries, and obviously pay the difference.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

A HUGE appeal again please

If you have a half entry, the wife is desperate for one.

Tried the substitution page on their site and no luck.

This means alot to her, which means it means alot to me too then.....so will keeP bugging you lot of riff raff till I Find a entry :P

Archived