Epic 2017 training

SFDT

hi 

me and partner have been training on a program last 3 of months, averaging around 11hours a week. lots of zone 2 riding and the odd intervals and races like w2w, trailseeker and DC.

I expected our december program to be more hectic(want it to be) but we have been given 13,11,8,12 hour weeks for the month. No load weeks. Intervals during the week and longer zone 2 and 3 rides on weekends.

how does your programs look for the month? Should we not have a 20hour + load week somewhere?

anyone on daisyway or another program that can share there hours(dont have to share the detail)?

thanks

Sadly I wont be there in 2017 but in preparation for 2016 event we did a block in December of nearly 700km on consecutive days simulating the race.

After Dec it was max of 12 hours per week other than Tankwa week.

PS: Was with a coach.

I have a slowish build up in December but peak at 24hours between christmas and new year with another 22 the week after that

• 4 weeks later...

coach, sets it monthly

Then stick to it, If you trusted the coach and signed up the go with it.

I know of age cat podium riders that do it on 9 to 12 hr weeks as a max. It is not the time, but the quality and structure.

Then stick to it, If you trusted the coach and signed up the go with it.

I know of age cat podium riders that do it on 9 to 12 hr weeks as a max. It is not the time, but the quality and structure.

I would love to see their training programs and if they make use of a coach.

hi 

me and partner have been training on a program last 3 of months, averaging around 11hours a week. lots of zone 2 riding and the odd intervals and races like w2w, trailseeker and DC.

I expected our december program to be more hectic(want it to be) but we have been given 13,11,8,12 hour weeks for the month. No load weeks. Intervals during the week and longer zone 2 and 3 rides on weekends.

how does your programs look for the month? Should we not have a 20hour + load week somewhere?

anyone on daisyway or another program that can share there hours(dont have to share the detail)?

thanks

If you search here on bikehub you will see that more than once it is mentioned to do 80% of your training in zone 2 and 3. To me that is also an eye opener....but i am just a gate closer and normally finish with the sweeper vehicle.....

If you search here on bikehub you will see that more than once it is mentioned to do 80% of your training in zone 2 and 3. To me that is also an eye opener....but i am just a gate closer and normally finish with the sweeper vehicle.....

I live in Newlands so do TM most of the time. If I wanted to cycle in zone 2 or 3 I'd probably have to get a bike rack for the car. Where is zone 2 and 3 anyway? :D

Archived