Replacing Garmin HR battery

WR 1.0

Hi

any idea where I can get a screwdriver small enough to open this up to change the battery?

post-6889-0-86860900-1482139908_thumb.jpg

Edited by WR 1.0

Any hardware...computer shop...

Mastercraft has a 14 piece interchangeable set...my personal favorite because it has slotted...phillips...torx...and hex all in one set.

stanley also has a small set.

Rather ask a mate who works on PC's or an electrician who does PLC'c...VSD's etc they all use small screwdrivers...or any handyman.

Seriously, I thought they were a joke but I purchased a Rolson set at the cash out desk of my local hardware store.

I had the same problem with my Garmin and there is s bit there that actually fits.

It has torx, square, hex, Phillips and flat, etc interchangeable head.

Quality is better than the local jewelers set.

Recommend this purchase for about 70 ronds.

The most stupidest design I have ever seen. Why they have four screw's is beyond me. I accidentally dropped one and it fell through the cracks in the floorboard at the edge of the room.. Gone forever... Now to try find a screw small enough to replace it.... Luckily I had the computer technician's screwdriver set already

Edited by Stretch

This is the best set...if you have Di2...this set had the T5 bit.

A tip...put a Dab of prestik on the tip so that when the screws comes out it stays attached to the tip and doesn't drop into the cracks to be lost forever.

a389d356de99a26c759e2caf9f8f7b7a.jpg

Sorted!

These screws are minute!

Like the screws on my wifes old iPhone 4s that she sent through the washing machine.

Glad you came right.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Hi

any idea where I can get a screwdriver small enough to open this up to change the battery?

See you sorted ...but another question how long did the original batteries last..Roughlly in Hour's.

Hard to say, around 3 years, 14k km's +-

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Did you ever remove the little pod thing from the strap?

I have just got that new design strap and coming from the older strap that didn't have a removable pod I wondered why they made it like that. Someone told me so you can remove it after use and it saves battery. But I also used to get years from the old one. It apparently keeps transmitting for a short while after you take it off?

Anyway I don't think I will be removing it unless it's to change the battery.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk