11sp Cassette and Freehub Compatibility

Kalahari Vegmot

If referring to the cassette gear range.....you dont get 11-36 in Shimano 11 speed MTB cassettes. Your choices are 11-40, 11-42 and 11-46. I think sunrace offers the same but some with different gear spacing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Referring to the 36t single ring I want to run up front, and the 11t cog of the cassette :whistling:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant: will there be enough ground clearance with 26" wheels, if I use an XT M8000 Rear derailleur, paired with an 11-42 cassette in 1by?

I meant: will there be enough ground clearance with 26" wheels, if I use an XT M8000 Rear derailleur, paired with an 11-42 cassette in 1by?

Yep. XX1 has been around longer than 275. And Iwan used to run it on his ibis mojo HDR and SL.

11speed shimano cassette & 10/9/8 shimano & SRAM cassette fits shimano (normal) freehub. Only SRAM & e13 11sp cassette that needs an SRAM specific freehub cos of the 10sp & 9sp cog.

The ONLY 11sp SRAM cassette that fits a shimano freehub is the NX

And apex- but I suspect it is identical to the nx cassette - just packaging differs

Archived