11sp Cassette and Freehub Compatibility

Kalahari Vegmot

Trailtech cycles. Speak to BiBi.

Thanks, also, I read on Bikerumor or something, that it was both Shimano and SRAM compatible, but on Box's website, there is only one option, which means that it will only be compatible with one.

Will the shifter be compatible with an XT M8000 rear mech?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, also, I read on Bikerumor or something, that it was both Shimano and SRAM compatible, but on Box's website, there is only one option, which means that it will only be compatible with one.

Honestly no idea. Haven't read up on the compatability of the shifters yet. But personally I'd want to run box shifter/box rd.

Honestly no idea. Haven't read up on the compatability of the shifters yet. But personally I'd want to run box shifter/box rd.

Probably, but apperantly, the clutch is not quite as strong and effective as Shimano or SRAM's(Read this from ONE website, so not stating it as a fact)

Also, from Box's website, it seems they are only Shimano compatible:

It is best paired with the Box One™ Rear Derailleur and Box Two™ Cassette but is also compatible with Shimano® 11-speed systems. All aftermarket shifters will include a low friction derailleur cable, ensuring crisp, accurate shifts.

Compatibility: Box™ & Shimano®

Probably, but apperantly, the clutch is not quite as strong and effective as Shimano or SRAM's(Read this from ONE website, so not stating it as a fact)

Also, from Box's website, it seems they are only Shimano compatible:

It is best paired with the Box One™ Rear Derailleur and Box Two™ Cassette but is also compatible with Shimano® 11-speed systems. All aftermarket shifters will include a low friction derailleur cable, ensuring crisp, accurate shifts.

Compatibility: Box™ & Shimano®

Sweet.

That thing is seeeeeeeee-weeeeeeeet! :ph34r:

Yours?

damn I wish . No it's b personal bike,for now anyway.

11speed shimano cassette & 10/9/8 shimano & SRAM cassette fits shimano (normal) freehub. Only SRAM & e13 11sp cassette that needs an SRAM specific freehub cos of the 10sp & 9sp cog.

The ONLY 11sp SRAM cassette that fits a shimano freehub is the NX

Any SRAM PG-1130 cassette range is 11 speed with a 11 cog.

11-28, 11-32, 11-36 and 11-42. I picked up a few this week for customers.

Okay, now for something different: Will it work with 26" wheels?

To my understanding, the whole reason the 11sp mtb cassettes can work, is because of the big ring, because, when the derailer is in it, the spokes are far enough away, but will ground clearance and spokes be an issue with an 11-46 cassette and 1x11 setup, with 26" wheels?

Thanks, I think 36x11 should be fine...

If referring to the cassette gear range.....you dont get 11-36 in Shimano 11 speed MTB cassettes. Your choices are 11-40, 11-42 and 11-46. I think sunrace offers the same but some with different gear spacing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived