Motorbikes on trails

blondeonabike

on clearly marked MTB trails, across MTB bridges and through indigenous grasslands

Takes a special kind if asshole to do this

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update:  This thread was seen and another thread was started on the wild dog forum discussing the incident. 

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=203996.0

I do find it confusing that the apology is directed to the motorbiking community on their forum.   

When the offender contacts the Karkloof Mountain bikeclub personally to apologise I will take him seriously.  At the very least he still owes trail fees for himself and his buddy, but personally I think a donation the the clubs trail maintenance kitty is in order.  Although he claims to have caused no damage, his tyre tracks, and skid mark damage was reported to me the day after he rode :whistling:

I still cannot understand how people can trespass and say "I did not know."  Really????  Google maps clearly shows public roads.  Everything else is private.  The land obviously belongs to someone.  Organise your permissions first :cursing: Maybe the hub should organise a pool party in our friends back yard and claim that we did not know and that there were no signs  :w00t:

Hopefully the thread on the wild dog forum will cause any other motorbiker contemplating this stunt to think again. 

I am also grateful to "Kortbroek" and the other posters that represented the mountainbiking community.  You guys are awesome and if you are ever in the area, drop me a pm and I'll stick you to guided ride and some beer.

Archived