X Fusion Roughcut damper

Matchstix

So I have been riding my X fusion Sweep RL2 for a bit more than a year and a half . Its served me well through the BC bike Race. my Previous fork was the X fusion Velvet. Both Forks has so far received excellent reviews for value and performance.

I was considering an upgrade looking at a Manitou Mattoc or second hand Pike.

The cheaper option was to upgrade the Damper cartridge to the Roughcut Damper.

Although this was a bit of a nervous decision I bit the bullet and did the upgrade.

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.

I don't think I will be able to write a review the way some of the people that"s been writing this sort of things for ages. I will try and give my first impressions after my ride o bloemendaler and contermans black  route.

the first thing I noticed from the RL2 I had is the small bump sensitivity is amazing and the fork feels amazing and the chattery stuff. The RL2 damper absorbed big hits better than the small stuff, so I ran the fork 5 psi less than recommended. to get a feel on small bumps. With the new rough cut damper I went back to the recommended pressure.

since this was my first ride there is still some tinkering that I need to do in learning the cartridge. However something that went through my mind while riding today was how planted on the  ground the frnt wheel felt to the ground. it was amazing I do think I will need to play a bit with the high speed and low speed compression damping settting,. more so on the high speed.

For a start I can definitely say this was worth while and I am pleasantly suprised by how amazing the fork feels now.

post-3345-0-31575500-1484680706_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Matchstix.

How have you found the ride? Also where did you get the damper from? Local or imported? I have just ordered my upgrade damper and will be installing when I get back from holiday in April.

Cheers

Seeing more and more of these forks pop up and it makes me so happy to see something other than fox and rockshox on the trails.

Fork looks very capable  :thumbup:

Wally39 loving th fork to bits first couple of rides were awkward, wasn't use to the plushness a activeness of the fork. .

Currently running 2 clicks on the high speed compression and 4 on low speed compression.

I put one of these in about 2 weeks ago, X Fusion Trace rough cut, Trace being the 29er version. Goes great, only 2.5 rides done though. My rides have been too rushed to give attention to setting the high and low speed compression, quite a bit of knob twiddling that one can do there. Keen to figure it out and find a good setting in the coming weeks. It would help if there were some labels on the knobs, at least + and - or something...

But whatever I have spun the dials to at the moment, little bumps, roots just disappear. Feel nudding. Was upgrading from a Rockshox Recon though.

Fork was supplied by Outdoor Escape in Sbosch.

• 9 months later...

Demo forks available @ knipe racing, so give Louis a call!

Is that where you got the new damper from? I have a sweep with Roughcut, and it's frikken awesome. I want to put one in my old Trace.

Ive been using the Roughcut HLR Sweep fork for over a year on my Pyga Pascoe, have it set to 160mm and absolutely love it. It just sucks up everything I throw at it and so nice n smooth too. Very under rated fork.