2017 Giant Trance Dropper post Issue

Onegear

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help. Recently i bought a 2017 giant trance 3. I am struggling to work out how to intall my dropper stealth ? There is no hole on the seat-tube for the cable to exit the frame ? There is however a hole obviously on the downtube though. But now how do i get the dropper cable from the seattube all the way to the headtube exit area ? Do I need to remove the whole pressfit BB ? Funny my 2015 anthem even had a hole on the seatube, but this doesnt.

Any help will be apreciated ! Thanks !

Do Giant say that the trace 3 is stealth compatible ?

Just because the dropper that came with the bike is stealth compatible does not mean the frame is.

Do Giant say that the trace 3 is stealth compatible ?

Just because the dropper that came with the bike is stealth compatible does not mean the frame is.

The bike did not come with a dropper. Fitting my lyne dropper which i was using on my 2015 anthem 3. Even that had a hole on the seatube for the dropper ! Thats why im so confused why the trance doesn't. I mean its more of a trail bike then the anthem is !

On my 2014 trance the cable enters the frame just behind the head tube, runs down the down tube, past the BB, and up the seat tube.

Your LBS should be able to set it up for you.

My 2014 trance was very fiddly in getting the dropper cable routed but it does go down the seatbtube past the pivot and bb and up the downtube to the exit hole. Mayb try route from the down tube first.

My 2014 trance was very fiddly in getting the dropper cable routed but it does go down the seatbtube past the pivot and bb and up the downtube to the exit hole. Mayb try route from the down tube first.

Thanks Alan, will try that.

It's an easy job with the bottom bracket and fork removed.

Otherwise, from the seat tube side push through a cable inner (should be a bit easier to guide). Fashion a hook from a piece of wire to pull the cable through the frame holes when you eventually get it flopping around near the headtube. Then tape the cable housing to it and pull it through.

I've done it down the seat tube without removing the BB. I made a slight kink in the end of the cable other and used that kink with some twisting and turning to get it past the pivot and BB. Then I used a small long nose plier to get the cable out of the frame at he top.

Internal routing is a las.

Had to do the same with my 2015 Trance 2. There is a small hole in the seat tube above the BB. Angle is very tight, so routing from the bottom up I found was easier... Shine a touch down the seat tube and look through the cable routing at the bottom by your BB. You will see it there... 

@ Wheeler2: Is your dropper post stealth compatible?

If it is it needs to connect the cable at the bottom of the post inside the frame.

post-51814-0-63802500-1485499423.jpg

If the cable connects at the head or outside the frame it is not  "stealth" or internally routable without an exit hole somewhere on the seattube.

post-51814-0-96963800-1485499422_thumb.jpg

Can you perhaps take a pic so we can see your dropper? Some like these Giant ones can do both but you need to attach the cable on the right place.

Edited by s14phoenix

Thanks for all the replies ! After abit of research and playing around with it, i managed to get it right . Took alot of fighting but i managed to get the cable past the BB and up the downtube. Then just took tweezers and pulled it through the opening by the headtube. So all is sorted ! But wow its a lot easier when the frame has a hole on the seat-tube !