Gatorskins vs Armadillos

Bitsy

Hey guys,

I looking for the best puncture proof tyres for my road bike. the two that I'm considering are the Conti Gatorskins or Specialized All condition Armadillos.

Both are almost the same weight on the 700x25.

They for the Saturday rides to the Cradle from Fourways where there seems to be a fair bit of glass and debris on the road.

Which one would provide me with the best handling vs puncture resistance....I'm a new roadie...

Thanks

With the gators, I ride in some extremely harsh roads and they are holding up very well so far. Got them fitted on my CAAD10. On Sunday, I got a thorn stuck on the front, I pulled over and took out the thorn and went on my merry way - no issues. Downhill i'm hitting 80km/h + and the tyres are very stable. They also corner very well.

I use gators for summer training and Armadillos in the winter (different wheelsets) - just worked out that way -but I have to say they are both good but I prefer the Armadillos for wet slippery weather .

they are both tough and give good puncture protection but the gators are a bit more comfy (that's bull I know but its just the way they feel to me )

you cant go wrong with either :thumbup:

please note that I don't own any other spaz products other than these tires so im not a biased spaz nut

Thanks for the responses guys

The gators are wire bead....which I hear is a mission to remove and put back on the rim, where as the armadillo's are folding.

conti gators come as wire bead or as folders with a  different weight and different price

a mission on some wheels not on others but all folders are easier to fit and all folders are also more expensive than wire bead tires

Thanks for the responses guys

The gators are wire bead....which I hear is a mission to remove and put back on the rim, where as the armadillo's are folding.

Not on all wheelsets. I fit and remove my gatorskins with the hand.

Archived