Vibration when exercising on my rollers

FHB

Hi all.

Just want to get some info.

I have rollers that I train on. Suddenly there seems to be a vibration from the back 2 rollers. I thought that my wheel had like a hard part (like a gumball that you get from Stans) in it, but that is not the problem. Tyres etc are fine.

So the  issue is with the rollers.

Anybody that has experienced something similar? I have read that the bearings might have gone...but that might be a bit of a schlep to replace that.

Thanks in advance.

Check if the cup on the side of the roller hasn't come loose from the roller body.

I had the same issue with mine and I discovered that the roller body (long rolling piece where your tyre connects) has actually come loose from the side cup (piece that goes onto the roller body and also carries the bearings)

It may be possible that if they have been in storage for a while, the roller may have deformed slightly - got on my rollers last night and found that they have a vibration, they have been (badly) stored for over a year - so I'm putting it down to that.

Also as mentioned above - I have seen the end caps become debonded from the drum/roller.

I once borrowed a friends Tacx Galaxia rollers (almost new) and also find a kind ofvibration on them. And the issue did not came from my wheels. What brand rollers do you recommend nowadays?

I once borrowed a friends Tacx Galaxia rollers (almost new) and also find a kind ofvibration on them. And the issue did not came from my wheels. What brand rollers do you recommend nowadays?

The Tacx rollers are generally very good and comes highly recommended. Weird that you're having issues??

Thanks

These are aluminium drum rollers, and I managed to track down the agent. Seems like the bearing is not seating well in the one rollers, which makes that vibration.

They are picking it up next week, service it and will bring back for me. Will keep updated.

Give the vibraty ones to your wife (she will love them!) and buy shiny new ones for yourself!

Its a win win....

:eek:  :w00t:

At the end of one of the older Sufferfest video's a lady rides on a roller in the kitchen next to the stove. While riding with no hands on the handle bar, she starts to make herself an omelette on the stove  :whistling:

I cant even drink water on mine with one hand still on the bar.

But she also free wheel on it. Mine is old, and resistance so high, after stop pedalling, the wheels come to stop in 2 and a half rotations. :wacko:

Edited by Mongoose!

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha, you funny okes!

Sent it to the agents, bearings gone and the shaft was also bent, hence the vibrations. It is about 10years old, so due for that.

Should have it back in a couple of days, hope it will be smooth again