What bolts do I need to mount my brakes?

Kalahari Vegmot

What bolts would I need to mount my PM calipers to an IS frame and fork?

The adapters that you can order from CRC doesn't come with bolts...

I haven't ordered yet, so if CRC sells the right ones, please share. Also, assuming CRC doesn't have, will KLK bolts do the trick?

Those are pretty std brake mount bolts and your LBS (should you be in good standing with one) will have many 'lying' around ....

KLK-Landbou Beperk is ’n voortvloeisel van Karakoel Lewendehawe Koöperasie Beperk en is in 1997 gestig.

????

There now you know .

Edited by tmt

i would assume its a std m6 bolt as per others, go to builders warehouse and buy a few normal m6 bolts. they are roughly R2 each or so. then add a little blue lock-tight to the end and insert. 

i have used the black ones( no idea which type of material they are but they are not a10 hardened bolts. i have raced DH and enduro events for more than 2 years on my current set and they are as good as the day i bought them).

yes you can order special a10 ones but they are frikken expensive and as far as i can tell are not necessary.

sorry a10 is the hardness factor produced by the method they use to temper the steel in case you are wondering. from my investigations.

You should use high tensile bolts - KLK will probably stock them.  That said some bikes come out with stainless steel calliper bolts.  I would not use mild steel.

You will need Socket Head Cap Screws (Din 912) Mostly sold in grade 12.9 as opposed to high tensile bolts which are grade 8.8. Most laymen refer to these as allen screws.

The thread width is probably also worth taking into account.

Brake bolts have a relatively fine spaced thread.

Brake bolts.... I would just call the nearest LBS and ask them for 4 brake bolts. Or 1 and you can take it to the nearest nut and bolt shop to match it and alter length where necessary....

But this looks like it is getting way to technical and complicated.

Yes those bolts should work.

If you are running adapters for 200mm rotors then they might be too short though.

If you are in a pinch, you could also use stem cap bolts (the bolt you use for the cap on top of your stem) if you have some of those around. 

The thread width is probably also worth taking into account.

Brake bolts have a relatively fine spaced thread.

Brake bolts.... I would just call the nearest LBS and ask them for 4 brake bolts. Or 1 and you can take it to the nearest nut and bolt shop to match it and alter length where necessary....

But this looks like it is getting way to technical and complicated.

Nyet. Bog standard M6 cap screws, in this case M6 x 20. High tensile or stainless are preferable.