Manitou Minute Comp

joburgnel

Hi everyone. I've been trying to save up for a new suspension fork and as always I do have a strict budget.

I came across the Manitou Minute Comp on sale at Chain reaction cycles and I'm not sure about the quality, reliability and spare availability when needed. I lnow Suntour is the budget forks but is not the greatest on the market. Please advise what you guys think about the Manitou

I bought the Manitou minute comp with 120mm travel as a replacement for my fox. In my opinion it is very smooth and easily adjustable. I would definitely recommend it. Have had no issues with it. I was also worried about spares availability so ordered mine with extra seals.

Hi everyone. I've been trying to save up for a new suspension fork and as always I do have a strict budget.

I came across the Manitou Minute Comp on sale at Chain reaction cycles and I'm not sure about the quality, reliability and spare availability when needed. I lnow Suntour is the budget forks but is not the greatest on the market. Please advise what you guys think about the Manitou

Also looked at this as CRC don't ship RockShox (and SRAM) to SA anymore. Interested to hear the feedback on these forks.

I bought the Minute Pro120mm for about 250 pounds on special at CRC a few weeks ago. Only one ride so far, but is super plush and nicely adjustable. Only problem I have is a slight knocking at top-out (i.e. when rebounding) but various resources say reducing the pressure will fix that. You will have no after sales service in SA, but apparently these forks are easily serviced by DIY which implies any suspension centre can service them too. I'd order spare seals though as they don't come with a spare set (unlike the rock shox). If you want RS, check out bike24.com. Shipping is cheap and they have a very good range and decent specials. 

Manitou are decent, and there is a local agent so consumables like seals are readily available. Spares not so much, and obviously you'll be without a warranty, but that's a chance you take.

I rode a 160mm Comp when I was lucky enough to test ride the prototype silverback trail bikes (hopefully hitting the market later this year).

The Comp was great at soaking things up but no matter what we did it stayed very sluggish when popping off things, jumps, drops, manuels etc... 

The Pro on one the other bikes was way better and I managed to dial that in really quickly without too much fiddling.

I am used to a Fox 34 Kashima Talas but still, the rebound seemed to be in slow motion when fully needed.

A good fork on a budget though.

Thanks for all the feedback I think I will chance it as I don't think I'll get a better deal on a new fork

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello fellow hubbers I just want to update on my new fork.

I received it a week ago but had to do quite a few modifications for the fork to fit seeing that I got the tapered version and I had a straight steerer at first. The guys at Wayne Pfeiffer Cycles was really helpful in the fitting of my new fork. Thanks you guys are awesome.

Now I can tell you the fork is a huge improvement from my previous fork. The 8 different compression settings makes it easy to adjust while riding the 120mm travel works fantastic. I tested it on 2 downhill sections here in the Baakens Valey and I could feel I was going faster than usual. Unfortunately I forgot to press start on strava to confirm if I did go faster or if it just felt like it.

On the normal single track the fork is very plush when set all the way open but can easily be changed by choosing the correct out of 8 compression settings.

Even the handling around corners are better and stiffer.

In short this fork is really worth the money spent I can't wait to go for a ride again but this time record and compare LOL

This is really an awesome upgrade!

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk