Thanks for the encouraging words,

'Planning on going/riding as far as the bike and staminer takes me.

But seriously, Johannesburg to the cape wouldn't be bad at all. So lets keep pedaling.

Dangerous words :)  I trust you have a passport and visas........enjoy.

Dangerous words :) I trust you have a passport and visas........enjoy.

I don't understand? Do I need a visa to ride to the cape? or are you saying something I don get.

With that rig Joburg to Cape (J2C) is only the first leg of an epic adventure ....

This is where the passport comes in ... Maybe head up into Namibia ???

But I take it you may be detouring into all the little towns along the route, so J2C could take as long as you want ...  :thumbup:

With that rig Joburg to Cape (J2C) is only the first leg of an epic adventure ....

This is where the passport comes in ... Maybe head up into Namibia ???

But I take it you may be detouring into all the little towns along the route, so J2C could take as long as you want ... :thumbup:

????????????????????I seeeee, sure J2C should be a good warm up. Care to join to Namibia after that?

I don't understand? Do I need a visa to ride to the cape? or are you saying something I don get.

I think you're going to end up doing way more than J2C and Namibia.......hence my passport comment  :clap:

I think you're going to end up doing way more than J2C and Namibia.......hence my passport comment  :clap:

Hey Johann, thinking of it; you keep mentioning Namibia and puting some chills through my leg muscles.

Reason, I have read a bit about that scary Namibia's bosua pass.

I believe that will make a good bicycle touring challenge. Well, let's see how it unfolds, one pedal at a time.

Hey Johann, thinking of it; you keep mentioning Namibia and puting some chills through my leg muscles.

Reason, I have read a bit about that scary Namibia's bosua pass.

I believe that will make a good bicycle touring challenge. Well, let's see how it unfolds, one pedal at a time.

Trust me on three things;

By the time you get to the Bosua pass, you're going to be as fit as fiddle, you might scare the living shite out of many a kudu going up/down the B pass, the B pass is a spectacular gravel pass to ride, as many others in Namibia.

Go, go see for yourself!

Prosit!

In Namibia go from Rosh Pina to Aus ..... only a "little" climb ..... 1000m in the first 30 km.

N7 / B1 heading into Windhoek peaks at a refreshing 2 000m

The stretch from Aus to Luderitz must be EPIC on a cycle !!!!  100km of OPEN .... absolutely NOTHING ...

In Namibia go from Rosh Pina to Aus ..... only a "little" climb ..... 1000m in the first 30 km.

N7 / B1 heading into Windhoek peaks at a refreshing 2 000m

The stretch from Aus to Luderitz must be EPIC on a cycle !!!!  100km of OPEN .... absolutely NOTHING ...

Those are looking scary

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

Am SUPPER EXCITED and happy to share my 'SOMALAND' with you all. Fresh from my 'home factory' assembly line!

Now am gradually buying up my touring kit for a first major touring.

I can tell, its not been a financially easy ride, but....

....Am getting there gradually!

Keep Pedaling all!

post-86478-0-87348200-1501656811_thumb.jpg

post-86478-0-25108700-1501656831_thumb.jpg

Archived