SNAP Azonic...!!!

Baaisikilist

WOOHOO, just got my Brighter-Lights Revelation 3...! It's AWESOME...!

Can't wait to take it for a spin at rietvlei tonight...

Lekker dude!!!!

I'm loving mine, gave it a charge last night, first time I had to after two weeks. This morning I was doing a road ride and was just off the right hand shoulder of the bunch. Put my light onto Level 3, one dude near the front shouts, "Car Back!"... Big%20smile

Where you get these and what is the recommened price? Looking for some new lights.

I'm not too sure on prices, but it'll be in the region of about R4k. Yeah, its allot, but feel free to spend over R6k on a "name" brand package. Battery life, and output, this is a winner for anyone doing 24H races, or those wanting to blind oncoming motorists.

Call Johannes @ 084 517 1336

Password: "Azonic sent me" LOL

It's, for lack of a better term, THE SH!T...! Alternated between level 3 and 4, depending on how technical the riding got. Level 5 is really bright, only used it when one oke ran out of battery on his light, he rode in front of me n used what light of mine shone past him. Really impressed with the carry bag and velvet pouch everything comes in, and the clear and thorough instructional cd rom and booklet.

Still gonna see what Jo has for me in a helmet light too tho as i like to be able to have light where ever i look, like in tight switchbacks etc...

Yours have more levels that mine. Sorta like an 8 speed cassette and a 10 speed cassette, but both still having the same high and low gear. I got Levels 1-3, which is perfect for me, I don't want to have to move between too many levels. The circuitry inside can be "programmed", so I can ask Jo to give mine a few more levels if need be.

I rate your Level 3-4 is about like my Level 2, which is allot of light.

Mine also didn't come with the carry bag, so I carry mine around in two very woolly Cannondale socks LOL

Follow the charging instructions carefully, those batteries can and will explode if you charge them incorrectly.

If you ride and the low battery level LED comes on, switch to a lower level output and gain plenty more hours of light. Get home, and charge the battery.

Pimpin.

Glad you're happy Barry, Thank you.

Charging the battery is very safe with the included charger because it only charges at 1.1 amps - 1/4 of the pack's capacity. Lithium chemistries can be charged at a much higher rate. Just select the 4.15v or 4.25v per cell setting. The pack will even handle 4.35v per cell but li-po and li-ion becomes unstable at this high voltage. 4.25v per cell already gives you 17volts for a fully charged pack.

About lithium battery explosions. Li-ion actually explodes easier when mistreated. The electrolite is stored in a metal casing... = more pressure. (Most li-ion cells have vent holes) When the cell is overcharged the electrolite swells until it eventually blocks the vent holes = even more pressure. = possible fire and explosion. (but again... how many laptop's have exploded? ) It's all very safe when handled correctly.

Li-polymer is housed in a bag like casing which allows it to expand. When mistreated, the bag like enclosure will swell and pressure will build up.

But, explosions and fire only becomes a hazard when you overcharge the cells or charge them at too high current. 

That's why this microprocessor controlled charger is so nice... it senses everything about every cell in the battery and controls it. = very safe.

Yip, Go look at the guys flying radio controlled choppers. They all use Li-po's.....and put them in a thing they call a bomb bag when they charge them........should they decided to explode

Who said this hobby has no serious risk...he,he,he,he,he