[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB

Events Bot

Event Name: Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB
When: 3 June 2017
Where: Robertson Winery, Voortrekker Road, Robertson, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Robertson Winery is happy to bring you the 11th edition of our Wacky Wine Weekend MTB! Due to the success of last year’s routes we have decided to keep them as is. The event will start and finish on the same premises as where Robertson Winery will host all their Wacky Wine activities. So expect great food, live entertainment and, of course, awesome wines waiting just across the finish line!

ROUTE DESCRIPTION: All the riders can look forward to a scenic ride through the vineyards over undulating hills in the Robertson Valley, giving you access to areas only available for this event. There is more than enough to challenge the riders on the two longest routes so be prepared!

The 70 km route is for the serious riders that like a challenge. We’ve stuck with the 2017 route the included more climbs and more single tracks and we look forward to seeing the endurance riders tackle this one. It will be tough and technical with a total climb of about 1600m. Please do not attempt if you don’t do these distances on a regular basis.

The 50 km route is a rewarding route for fit riders, as this route includes challenging and technical climbs and descents. This is also a brand new route and will have amazing scenery to enjoy! Only experienced riders should attempt this route.

The 30 km route, on the other hand, is a pleasant ride through vineyards and over gentle hills and is not as technical as the longer routes but will provide a nice challenge for everyone. Expect a combination of jeep and single track sections on all three the longer routes.

The 10 km route consists only of jeep tracks and is suitable for children and novices.

NOTES: All four routes are opened exclusively for this event! This funride forms part of the Wacky Wine Weekend Festival in Robertson. Each participant older than 18, will receive a bottle of Robertson Winery wine or grape juice and a medal upon completion. Participants younger than 18, will receive a bottle of Robertson Winery grape juice. All children u/12 must be accompanied by an adult. Many lucky draw prizes to be won!

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE: As you enter Robertson from the Worcester side, cross the small bridge with the Police Station on the left. Just after the small bridge you’ll find Robertson Winery on the right hand side.

One hour and forty minutes from Cape Town.

PPA MEMBERS MUST REMEMBER THEIR PERMANENT FRAME NUMBERS.

LOADS OF LUCKY DRAW PRIZES.

Go to Event Page

• 1 year later...

Just looking ahead to this event - did the 54km last year in 3 hours, considering the 71 this year. 

Anyone got feedback on the 71?