Riding buddy needed for December 2017 Cape town

Bru1991

Hello cycling buddies

I am going to Durbanville this December on holiday.I would really like to have a local riding buddy.

I would be based in Protea Valley and want someone to ride with me.

Goals would be : - Morning rides - 30km - 100km 

- Road & MTB ( I have both and love both, really want to do both)

Check list of goals:

- Hillcrest

- Contermanskloof

- Meerendal

- Tokai Forest 

- Reverse CTCT ( 85km )

- Du Toit's Kloof pass

- Bain's kloof pass

- Jonkershoek

I am fit , technically able road & mountain biker.Rides don't have to be serious ( Coffee & brekkie rides welcome )

Any suggestions or contact numbers or anybody wanting to join me please give me a shout.

Regards

Bruere 

Howzit Bru,

Plenty of okes all over the place that time of year. I do mostly road and would be happy to see how fit you really are on a peninsula trip.

"I have both and love both, really want to do both" I'm still a bit hazy on whether you really want to ride mountain and road.

Ha! To be fair you could probably ride the western cape with most of Gauteng over December..  :ph34r:

But closer to the time you should be able to find plenty of willing and able locals to show you about. Most Cape Tonians probably have 24 December 'plans' but will wait for the last minute to commit as something better always pops up........

Drop me a PM when closer to the time .... December is like a gazillion years away from today.

If you are residing in the Tygerberg trails area, then I would advise you get a "holiday" pass / membership ... this will allow you freedom to access trails via the members corridors, and you have no worries RE paying for each trails access.

Howzit Bru,

Plenty of okes all over the place that time of year. I do mostly road and would be happy to see how fit you really are on a peninsula trip.

"I have both and love both, really want to do both" I'm still a bit hazy on whether you really want to ride mountain and road.

Scudd , meaning I would like to ride both because both my bikes will be down with me.

I like that invite.Closer to the time I will pm you so that we can set something up. 

Drop me a PM when closer to the time .... December is like a gazillion years away from today.

If you are residing in the Tygerberg trails area, then I would advise you get a "holiday" pass / membership ... this will allow you freedom to access trails via the members corridors, and you have no worries RE paying for each trails access.

Hi Hairy

Will do thanks!!  Heard about the trail pass , where do I get it www.tygerbergmtb.co.za or something? 

Are the back roads safe? as in Vissershok & adderley etc ? maybe I should specify.

Are they traffic safe-ish? or mugger-safe-ish?

Need a Chappies ride in there with some Strolla coffee.

Pure Savage , is that an invite ? 

Pure Savage , is that an invite ? 

Yup, open invite we have for everybody. Tuesday and Thursday 5:45 at the Shell in Green point. 

Normally do the 50km in 1:45, which includes a quick coffee. 

Can check our twitter to ask about rides on weekends. 

Hi Hairy

Will do thanks!!  Heard about the trail pass , where do I get it www.tygerbergmtb.co.za or something? 

Are the back roads safe? as in Vissershok & adderley etc ? maybe I should specify.

Most of the Durbanville hills roads are well-travelled by cyclists to the extent where I can honestly not say when last I drove there and did not see at least one cyclist next to the road. The roads are winding, dual-direction, single lane and while most cars that travel there are accustomed to seeing and catering for cyclists next to that road, one can never be too careful. If I was travelling there I would do so with flashing lights front and back regardless of the time of day to make myself as visible as possible.

As for mugging, this is pretty unlikely in the Durbanville hills area. I can't recall hearing of any incidents. Then again I've only been cycling for like a month haha :D But, we are constantly riding those roads with our Harley riding club and I don't see a whole lot of pedestrians doing their thing out there. It's pretty calm.

Anyhoo, if I don't see you on the trail, have a blast when you're here! I'm also from Centurion :)

Agree, even July seems light years away...

Hi Hairy

as per the website you posted

RE road safety ... can't really comment, but trail safety is awesome.