How do I fit mountain bike bars on my road bike?

Fruity

I would like to fit mountain bike bars on my Silverback Strela 2. Would anyone know how I should go about it?

Many thanks.

I'm running a flat bar on my Spez Sector/Diverge. FSA road crank, Deore 10sp cassette and chain. XT shifters, XT rear derailleur, Sora front derailleur. Sram XO disc brakes. Doesnt miss a beat! Thanks to my lbs.

Short answer - depending on the groupset and derailleurs MTB shifters should work without a problem.  However road rim brakes and MTB rim brakes have different pull ratios so you will need road specific flat bar brakes - the type used on TT bars will work.

Honestly, I had to go and Google this...

Its great if you commute or often ride in traffic  :thumbup: Also easier on your back.

I really loved mine and still don't know why is sold the bike :whistling:

Why are you doing that?

It's just for comfort really, to make a long story short, for those days when I'm in the mood to commute to work and back.

My brother in law had it done to his tandem a few years ago, and I like the idea of the concept.

Archived