What handlebars for AM bike?

DemitriN

I reckon it depends on how stiff you like your bars. Both are great but the rapide bar does flex quite a bit. The thicker LYNE bar will be a lot stiffer. LYNE also have a Lekker 55mm stem to match the bars.

I've got the rapide and I love it. And I didn't notice any large amount of flex despite my heft. Certainly a LOT stiffer than the stock giant bar it replaced. But value for money is darn good.

The 35mm lyne MAY be stiffer due to the larger bore, but it also depends on how it's made. Some 31.8 bars are stiffer than some 35mm bars. And you can get bars that are TOO stiff as well.

I've got the rapide and I love it. And I didn't notice any large amount of flex despite my heft. Certainly a LOT stiffer than the stock giant bar it replaced. But value for money is darn good.

What is a heft?

What is a heft?

heft

hɛft/

verb

lift or carry (something heavy).

"he lifted crates and hefted boxes"

synonyms: lift, lift up, raise, raise up, heave, hoist, haul, manhandle; More

nounNORTH AMERICAN

the weight of someone or something.

"he was buckle-kneed from the heft of his staggering load"

Feedback

I've got the Rapide on one bike and and On One El Guapo Saloon Riser 'bar on the other. Out of the two the Rapide is the better. I've no idea why. It just fits better, rides better and is wider. The Rapide has 10mm less rise than the El Guapo. 

Have put a big graze in the Rapide after an OTB and @ R280 I'll order an other one just because.

Keen to give the Amp a run as well as it looks a good bit of kit. 

Thank you guys. I'm going to give the Rapide a try out. Seems like a good company too & very prompt with filling orders.

Archived