Ideas for bike carrier CPT

len.weideman

Hey all. So I decided to ask The manufacturer of my Polo for a quote to install a towbar and for a platforn bike carrier for two mountain bikes. I almost had a heart attack. I currently use a Saris Bones that strap onto the car, way too much effort and damage to my car. What is the best in CPT that is still affordable?

Len welcome to the Hub 

Sadly this becoming insanely expensive !!

Towbar - shop around, you might find one slightly cheaper elsewhere.  the average tire fitment shop should be cheaper with this than a dealer ....  I ended up making my own towbar for my city runabout - purely to carry the bikes.  WONT be towing with it.

Platform carrier - couple of options - but first decide if must be able to flip out the way so you can open the hatch ...

- Thuli - about 10k for a 3 bike flip platform carrier - including lockable bike supports

- Chirs Willemse Cycles (CWC) stock another brand - http://www.cwcycles.co.za/parts/bike-rack

PS - CWC will be running a massive special on Tuesday.  You really should be able to pick up a carrier for a bargain.

Archived