Audax Max 21st-25th September 2017: 1000km BRM

Speed Racer

The Audax Max 2017, Gauteng's first 1000km Audax cycling event, finished last night with

Marius Koorts, Leonard Welthagen, Ernest Stipp, Mauritz Lombard, and Wimpie Sander crossing the line in 67h29.

The legendary Salim Shaikjee crossed the line in 71h25. He had ridden the last 300km on his own.

We are grateful that the two crashes on the course, resulting in the riders concerned not being able to continue, were not too severe. This is probably not the most appropriate way to describe riders picking up concussions, but we are nevertheless truly grateful that they are hale and hearty today.

Special thanks to our amazing support team: Leana Strydom Hanscomb, Barry Shaw, and Pawel Wuzyk.

For more details about ultradistance cycling in South Africa: www.audaxsa.co.za

Leonard is a good friend of mine and we were supporting him on whatsapp and I was following his movement on the mySOS website.  It was more exciting to follow their movement than any grand tour.  Very proud of him and also the othe that finished. Feel very sorry for the lady that crashed with a mere 35 km to go.

#TrueChampions

The Audax Max 2017, Gauteng's first 1000km Audax cycling event, finished last night with

Marius Koorts, Leonard Welthagen, Ernest Stipp, Mauritz Lombard, and Wimpie Sander crossing the line in 67h29.

The legendary Salim Shaikjee crossed the line in 71h25. He had ridden the last 300km on his own.

We are grateful that the two crashes on the course, resulting in the riders concerned not being able to continue, were not too severe. This is probably not the most appropriate way to describe riders picking up concussions, but we are nevertheless truly grateful that they are hale and hearty today.

Special thanks to our amazing support team: Leana Strydom Hanscomb, Barry Shaw, and Pawel Wuzyk.

For more details about ultradistance cycling in South Africa: www.audaxsa.co.za

Johann Eloff?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk