[Event] Magalies Citrus Gravel X-Press

Victor van Gaalen

Quick question. Is there or was there a race registration or is that done tomorrow morning at VG? What race boards/numbers do we bring along?

R300 isn't too much to ask, water points and being able to ride in a sizable field where you don't have to worry too much about safety. Beats trying to get 95-100km in on a ride, on your own or in a small group, and having to worry about the safety issue.

• 7 months later...

Surely we are loosing sight of what cycling is about,R300 to race for a purse of???? R300 for a ride offering a few water points, of which we never use. Some folk are on a quick road to making cash.

Go organise your own event and see what it costs you. The race uses public roads too so provincial fees apply, plus huge insurances and then there are the management costs. Think about the cost of a 100km road race? There is no difference with running a gravel road race. The province says it is a public road. On top of that, any organiser is entitled to make a profit, even a big one. If the market does not like it, they will stay away. Market forces will dictate the future success of the event. Also, look at the event page. It is billed as a gravel race, not MTB. They are asking for all sorts of categories of bikes and there is a need for gravel bike and tandem events. Good luck to Erik v Gaalen and his initiative

Santander 2 you are probably a capatalist that does not want to see other people making money.

Life is choice.

If you find it pricey don't ride ,but flip side of the coin don't berate organisers.

If you can afford a bike you can probably afford the odd race.

Look at the price of the Juma and that's a 50k bike race.

Period