Cathkin Trails - Opening Soon

snowbeast

In the next few weeks Cathkin Trails will be opening its doors officially.

Our trail network is located in the Cathkin Valley and will have multiple entry points from the participating venues.

Our aim is to increase tourism into the area, which in turn will create more employment in the area.

As is we have two previously unemployed Gentlemen join us as full time trail builders along with Kirk Hollis of Rockslide MTB.

We are registered as a PBO and at the moment are reliant on the local establishments donations to keep us running.

Please go across to our Facebook group and feel free to contact either me via PM here or drop us a message on Facebook.

Cheers

15419544_920583148072736_333284884263189

• 1 month later...

Just an update, signs are at the printers and the first routes will be officially marked in the next two weeks.

If the scenery and trails where not a big enough draw card, our routes will be going past the famous Valley Bakery and newly opened Drakensberg Brewery.

I have done extensive product testing at both establishments  :whistling:

Just an update, signs are at the printers and the first routes will be officially marked in the next two weeks.

If the scenery and trails where not a big enough draw card, our routes will be going past the famous Valley Bakery and newly opened Drakensberg Brewery.

I have done extensive product testing at both establishments  :whistling:

Valley Bakery is also recommended by my family

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Howzit chaps... are we good to ride tomorrow am? 17 December... based here at Drakensberg Sun. Let me know please.

Sanford

083 535 3833

Sorry guys, haven't been on the forum lately, but we are up and running.

Cathkin Trails, a community project, has opened it's first fully marked 18km trail. The trail starts and finishes at the Okhahlamba buildings next to the airfield. Trail fees are R50 per day or R200 for a weeks pass. Park and Ride venues are: The Nest Hotel, Ardmore Guest Farm, The Valley Bakery, Drakensberg Brewery. Guest Sign and Ride venues are Goodersons Monks Cowl and Champagne Sports Resort. A map and rules will be at these points.

All riders MUST sign an indemnity, pay their fees and receive a wrist band at the establishments mentioned above.

No pay - no ride. Please ensure all others you encounter on the trail have a wrist band.

Problems on the trails can be reported using the mySOS app or at the above establishments.

We off to Dragons Peaks in January 2018.

Is this trail somewhere in that area.

Hi Rory,

Dragon peaks is a couple Km from one of our many start points.

Archived