Export duties when sending to Europe

Pure Savage

Hi All, 

We are looking to export kit to the UK and Holland, nothing big probably just 8 sets of kit to each country. 

Does anybody know the answers to the following:

Best service to use to get these packages there?

The import duties on clothing from SA to EU? Do not want the okes on the other side to get a  massive shock. 

If they pay EU VAT do we still have to pay SA VAT when buying the kit?

Thanks okes on the hub!

Hi All, 

We are looking to export kit to the UK and Holland, nothing big probably just 8 sets of kit to each country. 

The import duties on clothing from SA to EU? Do not want the okes on the other side to get a  massive shock. 

Thanks okes on the hub!

My daughters ordered Ugg boots from Australia that were on sale.When they arrived we had to pay 35% taxes and VAT as they were from a non EU country.

Hi All, 

Thanks okes on the hub!

If this export is commercial your VAT becomes deductible if you are registered and hold an export permit. If it's gifts you pay VAT and can't claim back.

They'll be liable for their usual duties on import, however, there is a bilateral agreement between RSA and EU on trade, so they'll have certain exemptions that apply.

This is the short answer, but the shock factor should be diminished due to EU/RSA trade agreement

If this export is commercial your VAT becomes deductible if you are registered and hold an export permit. If it's gifts you pay VAT and can't claim back.

They'll be liable for their usual duties on import, however, there is a bilateral agreement between RSA and EU on trade, so they'll have certain exemptions that apply.

This is the short answer, but the shock factor should be diminished due to EU/RSA trade agreement

Thanks, I think my best bet is get quotes from courier companies and then say good luck with import duties.