cyclist killed on Sunday

slowpoke

A friend of mine was cycling with 2 friends on Sunday morning when a car ploughed into them. One was killed on impact while the other 2 were admitted to hospital. My friend is at home today recovering from a Broken jaw' date=' Broken cheek bone, torn ear and grazed over 30% of he's body. This was a hit and run so I hope they catch the b%$#&^% who caused this senseless tragedy[/quote']

R.I.P. CryCryCry

i hope the survivors heal up fast.

Any details on where this accident took place.

RIP fellow cyclist, till we meet again!!!

I have also heard there was a fatality Saturday morning in Brackenfell (Old Paarl Rd and Fairbridge Mall) here in Cape Town, which looks like a training ride that also ended up badly.

Unfortunately I don't have any more details...Cry

CryCryCryCryCry

Seems like another Black week-end for Cycling.

RIP To those who lost their lives, and speedy recovery to those who were hurt!!!

shaunh2008-05-26 04:11:40

I heard of a fatality involving a governing body member of a East Rand primary school - wonder if this is the same incident.

A friend of mine was cycling with 2 friends on Sunday morning when a car ploughed into them. One was killed on impact while the other 2 were admitted to hospital. My friend is at home today recovering from a Broken jaw' date=' Broken cheek bone, torn ear and grazed over 30% of he's body. This was a hit and run so I hope they catch the b%$#&^% who caused this senseless tragedy[/quote']

R.I.P. CryCryCry

i hope the survivors heal up fast.

Regards to those families, it must be so hard to cope such a tragedy!

Best wishes for those recovering!My prayers are with you!

A friend told me he past a accident where a cyclist were involved on his way to Nigel on Sunday. Apparently clos to the N3. Anyone know of that?

Saturday's Criteriom IDIOT

This is the IDIOT who decided to PARK and talk on his CELL on the exact momoment that the Juniors came around the Corner.

This guy IGNORED me and the other 4 marshalls that SCREAMED and PLEADED with him not to pull into the "CONNED OFF " lane.  He ignored us and kept on driving untill he was ready to move out of the lane. 

He decided that all the waving of arms and flags was a greeting and had no bearing on the 50 or so cyclist that just pased him on both sides.

Angry20080526_043558_Image009.jpg

kuifie, that's why you need biker marshals these days - we tend to get a better reaction out of morons like this.... whe they get faced with a "biker thug" in leathers they usually back off!

mag sy goeters begin jeuk en sy vingers vishoeke word....so ook vir die ou met die tref en trapAngry....gebede vir die familiesCry

i am so sorry, as a father of 2 it makes me so bloody scared to ride on the roads. There has got to be consequnces for these hit and run bastards

Saturday's Criteriom IDIOT

This is the IDIOT who decided to PARK and talk on his CELL on the exact momoment that the Juniors came around the Corner.

This guy IGNORED me and the other 4 marshalls that SCREAMED and PLEADED with him not to pull into the "CONNED OFF " lane.  He ignored us and kept on driving untill he was ready to move out of the lane. 

He decided that all the waving of arms and flags was a greeting and had no bearing on the 50 or so cyclist that just pased him on both sides.

Angry20080526_043558_Image009.jpg

Kuifie, I suggest that, together with the race organisers, write a letter to the relevant traffic authority and together with sworn affidavits from the marshalls that were present, ask them to send him a fine or prosecute him in a court of law. This is the only way we can restore some sense of 'community'  courtesy. After all. you have documented proof of his wrong doing in this photograph.

shaunh2008-05-26 04:55:44

Just an update on the events.

My friend is feeling a bit better this morning so it looks like he is going to be ok. The cat scan and x rays came out clean!

The guy that passed away has left behind 2 children. Still no word on the driver of the vehicle.

the accident happened near natalspruit but names can't be supplied until families have constented.

i so hope that the driver lives a life of suffering and misery. our legal system won't punish him/her so we can only hope htat cosmic justice metes out appropriate punishment.