Sram XX Rear Der

J_ram

Hi Guys, i just want to ask if is there a ways to let a Sram XX Rear Der to work on a 11-42T? based on their site the XX will only work for 11-36T. thanks

I had an 10spd X0 derailer work perfectly on my "hybrid" 1 x 11 conversion, with a 42t .

Cannot see why the XX derailer will not work.

I just had to fit a longer B screw, and adjust the limit screws very carefully.

I had an 10spd X0 derailer work perfectly on my "hybrid" 1 x 11 conversion, with a 42t .

Cannot see why the XX derailer will not work.

I just had to fit a longer B screw, and adjust the limit screws very carefully.

Thats interesting. How does the shifter shift 11 clicks if you know what I mean? Has anybody tried a XTR 10 Spd derailleur?

Thats interesting. How does the shifter shift 11 clicks if you know what I mean? Has anybody tried a XTR 10 Spd derailleur?

Rapide had (has) a modified ratchet that turns your SRAM 10spd shifters into an 11spd shifter.

This is what I used, worked like a charm.

Edit: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/157163-rapide-sram-11-speed-upgrade-kit/?hl=rapide

Edited by Wannabe

Has anybody tried a XTR 10 Spd derailleur?

Yes, it works fine, as a 10 speed with a 42T expander / Sunrace cassette.

XX is a long cage and it will work

Hi, thanks for the response, i got a deore cassette with 11-36T and seems a bit tough on climbing so i contacted rapide and offers me the expansion for my cassette which is 42T, he gave me a long B screw as well, i installed it last weekend and the arm for the jockey wheel is still catching on the 42T.