Help! Giant Trance 2 2015 pivot bearings

berg_fiets

Morning All,

Hoping for some direction or help. Having a bit of a ball ache with replacement pivot bearings for my Trance. The two rear "rock arm seat stay pivot" bearings to be more specific:

post-53699-0-76603100-1507095088_thumb.jpg

Myself and my LBS have been struggling to find replacements. The bearings removed are FSA 6900V-RS:

post-53699-0-69661400-1507094943_thumb.jpg

The are special, because it has a flange on the one side and the internals on the flanged side its slightly sunk for the pivot bolt to fit in: (Please don't judge my paint skills!)

post-53699-0-05977100-1507096245_thumb.jpg

Dragon Sports (Giant SA) have no record of this bearing and the one that both they and Rush Sports (Enduro bearings) supplied as being the "replacement" has the flange but not the depression for the pivot bolt to sink into as per my picture above.

MANY googling and it seems like there are two "builds" of my frame. Version 1 which I have and version 2 on the later models hence the wrong bearing being supplied. Some more digging revealed that Enduro does make a new bearing code "6900 FO LLU MAX", this looks to be the one I need as it has the flange and depression

http://mbbearings.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_6&products_id=1254&zenid=756upchiuhnu6khth3sae8r120 

Anyhow, hoping someone here has had this problem and can put help me here. 

Thanks in advance! 

Jacques

If you have SKF or Bearing Man in your area take the sample to them . I have had many bearings on old classic cars that i could not get from agents . Luckily i have SKF HQ down the road from me and they were able to find what i was looking for . I have a contact at BI in Cape Town if you interested . 

I was also unable to find and had to refit the old ones which were still ok. Found remaining bearings at Bearings International Maitland and half the price of the bike shop. Not sure quality difference.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was super busy last week!

If you have SKF or Bearing Man in your area take the sample to them . I have had many bearings on old classic cars that i could not get from agents . Luckily i have SKF HQ down the road from me and they were able to find what i was looking for . I have a contact at BI in Cape Town if you interested . 

Thanks. I will have a look at what they have. Will just have to vernier the different measurements.

You can either make up a custom washer or modify the bolts on a lathe..

Yeap, this will ultimately be my last resort.

The one set of enduro bearings I got, we made fit by lightly skimming the flage so it beds into the frame properly. BUT it does not have the internal spacing for the bolt so now the bolt does not screw all the way through... :( 

I was also unable to find and had to refit the old ones which were still ok. Found remaining bearings at Bearings International Maitland and half the price of the bike shop. Not sure quality difference.

Lucky man. Mine were thoroughly in need of replacing. I'm putting pressure on Dragons (Giant SA) to get me the bearings. Bike still under warranty (life time) and if they can't get me the replacement bearings, I want them to replace my rear triangle with the v2 of it... 

Will keep you posted.

i was also looking for this bearing the other day... they were OK though so let them be for now but still need too get replacements so let me know where you find them please. Thanks!

How many balls are there in the bearing? Is it a full compliment or are they caged?

The standard caged bearing is available at any bearing shop. The full compliment are harder to find.

post-47178-0-26636300-1507536170_thumb.jpg

How many balls are there in the bearing? Is it a full compliment or are they caged?

The standard caged bearing is available at any bearing shop. The full compliment are harder to find.

attachicon.gif6900 bearing (Medium).jpg

Thanks. I know of these, but they don't have the flange or the depression for the pivot bolt afaik

How can I tell if mine is series one or two guys?

As per that link above. You need to remove the 2 rear pivot bolts connecting the rear triangle with the upper rock arms. 

If it has the standard bearing 6900LLU its the series 1

If it has the non-standard bearing with a flange and depression (FSA 6900V-RS is the stock code) its the series 2

post-53699-0-95778200-1507550996_thumb.jpg

As per that link above. You need to remove the 2 rear pivot bolts connecting the rear triangle with the upper rock arms. 

If it has the standard bearing 6900LLU its the series 1

If it has the non-standard bearing with a flange and depression (FSA 6900V-RS is the stock code) its the series 2

attachicon.gifcheck bearing type.jpg

Thank you so I really want a series 1 as they are easier to replace?

Thank you so I really want a series 1 as they are easier to replace?

Yeah, series 1 bearings are easy to come by. Series 2 is not. 

i was also looking for this bearing the other day... they were OK though so let them be for now but still need too get replacements so let me know where you find them please. Thanks!

Update!

Reached out to Rush Sports. They are going to order some of these bearings on their next shipment. They have also added it to their online product list

https://www.rushsports.co.za/products/max-6900-fo-llu-10-x-22-24-x-6-8mm-extended-race-bearing 

Going to request my LBS to back order this from them. 

Edited by berg_fiets