Mud in carbon frame.

Chrisvdw

The other day i started hearing a creaking sound from the headset and decided to open it up to check it out, i then found a unholy amount of mud inside the frame.. dont ask me how...

Can i just flush the frame out with a hose or would i damage the frame?

Flush it. Remove BB, seat post, and fork and flush it all. The regrease the seat tube, headset cups, and BB threads.

The other day i started hearing a creaking sound from the headset and decided to open it up to check it out, i then found a unholy amount of mud inside the frame.. dont ask me how...

Can i just flush the frame out with a hose or would i damage the frame?

Jip. Mud gets in everywhere. As DR suggested above. Plus one

Could i use a bike wash like muck off?

Yeah, anything will be fine, carbon doesn't corrode and the resin will stand up to most chemicals, however, it's mud, so chemical won't help you. Pure water and a little mechanical action with a long cloth pushed down should sort it all out.

If you pop chemical in there and fail to rinse properly, you could risk the new grease you'll be packing on the various places.

this. you can even bend it to get where you think you can't

and even extend the wire handle with another piece of wire to reach very deep :whistling:

Archived