Why did they cancel XTERRA Buffelspoort

Swim.Bike.Run

The rumour is that there is a World Class line up for XTERRA Grabow, and in order to ensure maximum participation they have cut Buffelspoort.

But do not worry there are organisers in Pretoria that are already lobbying TSA for the event date to host a new event. 

Watch this space

There will be a MTB and road Triathlon / Duathlon at cradle moon lodge in Jan 2018. I have done two Duathlon events there this year that was hosted by Redhub and it just got better every time. The MTB and running routs were great.

The rumour is that there is a World Class line up for XTERRA Grabow, and in order to ensure maximum participation they have cut Buffelspoort.

But do not worry there are organisers in Pretoria that are already lobbying TSA for the event date to host a new event.

Watch this space

Grabouw is packed as it is..can't think they would want to cram more people onto that route.Buffels was also always well attended so no problem with numbers at events?

Great, I was going to give this another 'tri' in January....

Done it a couple of times and its always been well managed and had a good turn out...

Why, oh why did they have to cancel XTERRA Buffelspoort?

It was one of my (few) highlights for the year!

#FridayGripe

xterra is a licence to print money. something else must be up (the okes just sold W2W).

is grabouw now the only Xterra event left? can hardly call it 'african champs'!

Edited by rider#35

• 2 weeks later...

I was quite Bef#k when I read this -Always is a must do for me if it doesnt clash with IMBC and the last two years it hadnt so I thought all is good in the world of Multisport. This I can't fathom the logic- I am not going to pack everything and schlep to Grabouw at a hell of a cost just so they can claim it is the biggest Xterra event on earth while inconveniencing us people from Up North.

Edited by Wheelsuck

• 2 weeks later...

very bleak when i heard about it. I see there is a road event on the 3rd. The swim is *dam* nice there, but the road ride / run is not gonna be the same. No rock clambering. No rolling through orchards....

Would love to see this event come back or a similar style brought in by a different organizer!

• 11 months later...

Can you actually see something for Grabouw somewhere? I looked last week - and just checked now again - and do not see ANY XTerra events on Stillwater website. Unless somebody else is hosting it now... 

Can you actually see something for Grabouw somewhere? I looked last week - and just checked now again - and do not see ANY XTerra events on Stillwater website. Unless somebody else is hosting it now...

Interesting, when I google xterra 2019 grabouw I get a result for 23 Feb 2019. But as soon as you click on the link the page is "404 not found" on stillwater's website

Strange

Mailed them quickly, since nothing even under "all events". They said that the XTerra dates should be confirmed within the next 2 weeks. 

This means I'll have to learn to swim... 

• 3 weeks later...

Mailed them quickly, since nothing even under "all events". They said that the XTerra dates should be confirmed within the next 2 weeks. 

This means I'll have to learn to swim... 

Did they say DATES (plural)? Which means Buffels is a maybe but also maybe I am prematurely optimistic and maybe there is a Santa Claus.