New Ritchey Gravel bike pedal

Chris NewbyFraser

Saw this on the Ridinggravel website. Lightweight cross between a road pedal and mtb. Along with their Venturemax flared drop bars, Ritchey seems to be taking a very big interest in gravel bike components

http://ridinggravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/wcs-micro-pedal_preview.jpeg

looks like the old WCS V4 - what makes it a gravel pedal?

The name? Like dude, like gravel is like so cool. Like did you know you can ride on gravel ????

Funny thing is that in Nam, a dual sus mtb is apparently all the rage for gravel....fashion smashion

looks like the old WCS V4 - what makes it a gravel pedal?

Gravel bikes have a low BB height. This pedal has better ground clearance than a mtb pedal which allows for better cornering at speed and better obstacle clearance(than a standard road cyclocross pedal). I regularly bash my SPD's. This pedal also has a bigger contact patch improving foot pressure comfort.

The name? Like dude, like gravel is like so cool. Like did you know you can ride on gravel

Funny thing is that in Nam, a dual sus mtb is apparently all the rage for gravel....fashion smashion

Have to say - riding my 'G'bike through sand does wonderful things for my face - face plants allow for all sorts of modifications to nose, chin etc....

what a crock of marketing bullsh*t

why is cycling turning into golf

its SAAAD :huh: 

gravel pedals ,gravel bikes ...its called cyclocross you noobs its been around since forever

what a crock of marketing bullsh*t

why is cycling turning into golf

its SAAAD :huh:

gravel pedals ,gravel bikes ...its called cyclocross you noobs its been around since forever

Really? People get off their bikes and carry them up and over obstacles while riding through the Karoo? I have been missing a trick....

Fred hijack: where did you find rain???

if you ride long enough in the karoo you come to a gate or it rains ^_^ (it can be years between either)

Really? People get off their bikes and carry them up and over obstacles while riding through the Karoo? I have been missing a trick....

Sure, I got off my bike and pushed it over the Swartberg which was one obstacle to far when riding in the Karoo last week.

Saw this on the Ridinggravel website. Lightweight cross between a road pedal and mtb. Along with their Venturemax flared drop bars, Ritchey seems to be taking a very big interest in gravel bike components

http://ridinggravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/wcs-micro-pedal_preview.jpeg

A bit like the Shimano A520?

post-77414-0-32174400-1510036675_thumb.jpg

Sure, I got off my bike and pushed it over the Swartberg which was one obstacle to far when riding in the Karoo last week.

Only a few days left before Hell and Back. I am hoping there will be no pushing due to either bad legs or road surface.

Archived