Cradle: New Cyclist Attack strategy?

Davey_Jones

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Family member sent to me also....We were on the route from 06:30 to 07:30 on Thursday...didn't hear about anything or see anything so I'm skeptical....

Got this from someone in my Tri group.  Not sure if its legit but sounds about right.   Very sad.

"...try not to ride alone." Keep up with another current thread on groups in the cradle!

Been doing rounds on a number of my whattsapp groups,  odd that nothing has been reported before so bit skeptical. 

I ride there alone on weekday mornings and have so for many years & I have never felt threatened at all...

The roads are busy with people walking to work & kids waiting for the busses so this has come as a surprise!

I ride there alone on weekday mornings and have so for many years & I have never felt threatened at all...

The roads are busy with people walking to work & kids waiting for the busses so this has come as a surprise!

Well I've had a couple of incidents in the Cradle - beer thrown at me by a passing car, run off the road by a taxi - so nowhere is safe. But this alleged incident seems extreme. Not saying it didn't happen mind....

Well I've had a couple of incidents in the Cradle - beer thrown at me by a passing car, run off the road by a taxi - so nowhere is safe. But this alleged incident seems extreme. Not saying it didn't happen mind....

YOH!!

Either I've been very lucky over the years or you have been very unlucky!!

YOH!!

Either I've been very lucky over the years or you have been very unlucky!!

Probably very unlucky - I couldn't get any of the beer in my mouth..... :whistling:

In fairness, I ride there several times a week....

Fake news to drive the impulse to insure... or else they better provide evidence of the incident. SAPs case number etc. Honeydew or Muldersdrift SAPS should carry knowledge

Edit: cynical perhaps?

Archived