[Event] WPMTBC XCO Series Cup #1 Coetzenberg

Events Bot

Mini Savage had a massive fall while practicing at the Coetzenburg circuit today. He had a big OTB at the A-line drop going down to the field at the bottom. Luckily Mediclinic is very close. He suffered concussion and a crack in his jawbone. Also his coach is Lance, who is experienced and attended to him very professionally.

Unfortunately it means that he won't be riding Saturday, and his Pure Savage kit is stuffed. 

That drop looks so easy on videos but its *** scary doing it, have done it a few times on training rides but it never feels less scary - hope your lightie heals up quick.

I need to decide today between the XCO or the Contour  :blink:  :blink:

That drop looks so easy on videos but its *** scary doing it, have done it a few times on training rides but it never feels less scary - hope your lightie heals up quick.

I need to decide today between the XCO or the Contour  :blink:  :blink:

He has done it a few times. He says it is actually quite easy. He was just relaxed too much maybe. A mate of his asked him to show how to run it. His speed was too slow and landed on his front wheel. His confidence was on high as he had just done the wine barrel before it with no issue.

Also has a crack in his new S-Works Prevail II helmet. Got it for him just this past December.

Edited by Moridin

Everyone seems a little quiet today? Nerves? I cant wait to suffer and chase Milky around for 1hr30 tomorrow!

lol only saw this now. And did you keep me on my toes, after 2nd lap you kept surging ahead of me & taking the pickupsticks line. I thought that's it for me, thanks for keeping me honest.

I am going to be there trying not to die.... There are one or two pretty sketchy sections that look they have hove big teeth ready to bite you from lap 3 when your heart has already exploded and your lungs have fallen out of your eye sockets.

Should be a fun day out for the spectators, riders and medics alike!

Join me so we can battle it out fiercely for last place! It will totally be worth it. Do it!

so how did it go Jewbacca? I hope to see much more guys at the next events as it will not be as technical & demanding as the Coetzeburg course which was designed around the UCI Pro's race.

Saw a bloke using hectic skills going down the wine barrel on his top tube after he almost crashed on the top part when there was a mini pile up.

Saw a bloke using hectic skills going down the wine barrel on his top tube after he almost crashed on the top part when there was a mini pile up.

during practice I went down there twice, once successfully & once where I had a soft tumble but meant I was covered from head to toe in cloud of dust.

My son said that the secret to the wine barrel is the entry point. Once you get that right, the rest is easy.

This was taken of him doing the barrel on a scouting ride this past Tuesday before his crash at the drop which prevented him from competing in the race Saturday.