Are Raleigh bicycles from Makro still a bad idea

ravz86

I think that's a bit harsh. Raleigh road bikes range form beginner to really very good. I feel it's one of those bikes that if you haven't owned one somewhere along the line, you can't consider yourself a real cycling enthusiast. Therefore I cannot consider myself a real enthusiast :blush: :blush: :blush:

there are different types of Raleigh's. One if these types had been on the top step of the tour podium.

We're talking about the supermarket versions here.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a bit harsh. Raleigh road bikes range form beginner to really very good. I feel it's one of those bikes that if you haven't owned one somewhere along the line, you can't consider yourself a real cycling enthusiast. Therefore I cannot consider myself a real enthusiast  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Really?

I've done an Argus and a 947 on my Raleigh... with plenty prep and it's still going strong....

(Ok. Must add it's proper old school 1957/8 Raleigh...)

I should have made it clear that I am referring to owning a Raleigh MTB, and then riding trails with it. Proper trails, with technical bits, drops and berms and stuff, even the odd jump. 

Riding a bike on tar, like the races mentioned, is like spinning in your living room. One can hardly equate that with punishing the bike, only one's legs...Thus, my sentiment about Raleigh and hospitals stands.

The heading does state Makro type. Raleigh as a brand has a strong tradition dating back to pre 1900's with many top team riding and achieving top results and there is still a professional team called team Raleigh that races.

You cannot compare a Makro Raleigh to this

post-7-0-83682200-1514292002_thumb.jpg

Archived