Group ride from emarentia dam

Lars

See you are new and from Cape Town....

Most of the rides up and down the spruit start from the Trailhead which is in Conrad drive Blairgowrie. They ride up to emmarentia, on to Alberts etc.. Not sure how many ride from Emmarentia ...

Go to the Trailhead and park there - you will get many groups, or ride down from Emmarentia and you will come to the Trailhead.

Be careful of the top of Emmarentia near Judith road in the botanical gardens area - there have been some recent muggings there next to the fence on Judith Rd cnr Beyers Naude which is right at the top of the trail on the tree line.

Most of the rides up and down the spruit start from the Trailhead which is in Conrad drive Blairgowrie. They ride up to emmarentia, on to Alberts etc.. Not sure how many ride from Emmarentia ...

Go to the Trailhead and park there - you will get many groups, or ride down from Emmarentia and you will come to the Trailhead.

Be careful of the top of Emmarentia near Judith road in the botanical gardens area - there have been some recent muggings there next to the fence on Judith Rd cnr Beyers Naude which is right at the top of the trail on the tree line.

It's no longer The Trailhead if you're referring to the bike shop....its Sprocket and Jack.

How does one get to Alberts from Emmarentia - I cycle from Riverside shops in Bryanston up to Emmerntia so nice 37km loop but would like to add in Alberts Farm, just not sure how/where.

Can one then go from Alberts up to water tower?

How does one get to Alberts from Emmarentia - I cycle from Riverside shops in Bryanston up to Emmerntia so nice 37km loop but would like to add in Alberts Farm, just not sure how/where.

Can one then go from Alberts up to water tower?

Yep you can go to the wqter tower. When you get to the small dams below emmarentia, as you cross the first small dam you branch right and head behind the scut hall. Then just follow your nose. You get to Alberts, over the back of Alberts and then just traverse up the roads to get up to the water tower on the hill. Its pretty obvious which are the correct roads - as long as you are still going uphill you are on the right path. Some roads are quite steep...

• 4 months later...

Come ride with the JHB MTB CLUB, there is a sweep at the back and a leader.

Four levels of riders , newbies to race snakes, safety in numbers and NEW TRIALS every week.

Lots of ladies and all ages from 20 to strong 60!! If you want adventure or traning to complete a stage race. 20 km - 10 to 12 km/h , 30 km 12-15 km/h 40 km 18-20km and 50 km - fast..

Welcome feeling . Pleasent atmosphere and not commercial .

Must have tubbless and helmets bottles of hydration. Glasses a must.

Look them up on web

Strongly recommend.