Is tubeless for a road bike any good?

MarkW

Stans because that's what most stores stock and recommend ... and I guess it does work.

Somebody suggested Geax but not as easily found.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have seen some new stuff around that states its for high pressure road tires.

my experience with stans is that it dries into a nasty gunk a bit to quickly for my liking....

nb this is based off mtb experience.

So i have tested the Tufo S33 Tyres. They are Tubular Clinchers. AND Tubeless.I Run them on Normal Clincher Wheels (So no need for conversions what so ever. But my point is, I use them for training, I use the Velowurks Sealant and so far i had quite a few punctures and not once had to stop so bomb it.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, trying getting gatorskins off Maivc Aksiums. I know a friend who sold the wheelset with tyres and puncture as she could not face the thought of trying to change the bloody thing again.

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I used to have the same problem with Gatorskins on my Aksiums and used to get blistered thumbs...

The best way is that when it starts getting really difficult to get the last section of tire over the rime, hold that portion of tire and go back around ensuring both bead sides are squeezed into the centre of the rim where the rim diameter is less.

Presto and its sorted!

Archived