Gravel roads Cape Town/Swartland

Shell Belle

We are keen to test out our gravel grinders this weekend on some gravel roads around CT.  We're happy to make a day/weekend of it and head out to the Swartland/Paarl/Wellington etc.

Can anyone help us out with some suggestions of some nice gravel roads and gravel routes?

Thanks so much guys!!

something close by & short enough to give you time to recover with some tar sections in between are Malaanshoogte, Occutdal & Spes Bona all in Durbanville, Slent would've been cool as an extension but has since been tarred but if you carry on further you'll get another gravel road in between farms that you could do. 

We are keen to test out our gravel grinders this weekend on some gravel roads around CT.  We're happy to make a day/weekend of it and head out to the Swartland/Paarl/Wellington etc.

Can anyone help us out with some suggestions of some nice gravel roads and gravel routes?

Thanks so much guys!!

There is this event coming up in April as well. 

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/171358-event-cederberg-100miler/

Slent would've been cool as an extension but has since been tarred but if you carry on further you'll get another gravel road in between farms that you could do. 

I'm not complaining about Slent being tarred - was always a horribly corrugated road because of all the trucks using it

I'm not complaining about Slent being tarred - was always a horribly corrugated road because of all the trucks using it

I guess the trucks are going to come flying through there now.

I guess the trucks are going to come flying through there now.

I guess so, but at least there is a decent shoulder. I see the 99er road is going to use Slent in a few weeks time. 

I guess so, but at least there is a decent shoulder. I see the 99er road is going to use Slent in a few weeks time. 

Yip, and it's actually 99km long again.

Thats awesome I've never been back there since April of last year.

These red road highlighted in the Blue Frames are mostly gravel Roads & covers the Eenzamheid Loop.

Any chance you have this as a strava activity?