• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets look : 

2018 Berg & Bush Descent : R12000

2018 Sani2C : R14750

2018 The Midlands : R7200

Both Berg &Bush and Sani supply accommodation (tents) and meals.

The Midlands supplies lunch daily included in the entry. Tented accommodation or High School hostel accommodation is available but not included in the entry.

Lets assume the team stays in a B&B for 3 nights @R350 pppn (breakfast included) and their spend on supper is at R100 pppn

(700 x 3) + (200 x 3) = 2700

2700+7200 = 9900 (less if you go for tented or hostel accommodation)

• 1 month later...

To clarify any confusion and misconceptions regarding the pricing for The Midlands MTB Stage Race.

There are two options available when entering the race. The first option costs R10,200 per team of two (R5100 per person), which includes full accommodation, all meals, the race itself and the race village package. A portion of that is being donated to our charity, Bloom, which looks after special needs children. The other two MTB stage races in KZN are R7,400 per person and R6,000 per person, comparing apples with apples. This option is limited to x people, on a first come first serve basis.

The second option costs R7,200 per team of two. This does not include accommodation, breakfast and dinner and is convenient for people who live in the area or who would like to make their own accommodation arrangements. We have a variety of fantastic preferred accommodation partners listed on the website to choose from. This option does still include lunch.

That’s three days of riding fully supported, awesome seconding tables, race village with free snacks, cold and hot drinks and an awesome chill area. In addition, we are having a daily craft beer festival in Howick. On the Saturday night, we will celebrate our event with a party and great band. In the Goodie Bag, you will find a long sleeve top, a pair of sunglasses and more. We have a surprise thank you gift to give each team at the finish.

Everyone on the accommodation package will receive a fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner of the highest standard. I know how important good food is for everyone.

Our two-day stage race is R5,700 for a team of two people which does not include the accommodation package option.

Don’t forget there is also a two-day trail-run for all age categories. We are putting a huge emphasis on parents doing the race with kids. There is also an two-day stage ride/race with distances of under 30 kms, as well as a 10 km ‘Scout’ race on the Sunday. There really is something for the whole family, so come and spend a long weekend in the Midlands together. The dates 29 June – 1 July are in the school holidays. 

Solo riders have also now been included. Pricing for this will appear on the entry portal soon. 

To clarify any confusion and misconceptions regarding the pricing for The Midlands MTB Stage Race.

There are two options available when entering the race. The first option costs R10,200 per team of two (R5100 per person), which includes full accommodation, all meals, the race itself and the race village package. A portion of that is being donated to our charity, Bloom, which looks after special needs children. The other two MTB stage races in KZN are R7,400 per person and R6,000 per person, comparing apples with apples. This option is limited to x people, on a first come first serve basis.

The second option costs R7,200 per team of two. This does not include accommodation, breakfast and dinner and is convenient for people who live in the area or who would like to make their own accommodation arrangements. We have a variety of fantastic preferred accommodation partners listed on the website to choose from. This option does still include lunch.

That’s three days of riding fully supported, awesome seconding tables, race village with free snacks, cold and hot drinks and an awesome chill area. In addition, we are having a daily craft beer festival in Howick. On the Saturday night, we will celebrate our event with a party and great band. In the Goodie Bag, you will find a long sleeve top, a pair of sunglasses and more. We have a surprise thank you gift to give each team at the finish.

Everyone on the accommodation package will receive a fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner of the highest standard. I know how important good food is for everyone.

Our two-day stage race is R5,700 for a team of two people which does not include the accommodation package option.

Don’t forget there is also a two-day trail-run for all age categories. We are putting a huge emphasis on parents doing the race with kids. There is also an two-day stage ride/race with distances of under 30 kms, as well as a 10 km ‘Scout’ race on the Sunday. There really is something for the whole family, so come and spend a long weekend in the Midlands together. The dates 29 June – 1 July are in the school holidays. 

Solo riders have also now been included. Pricing for this will appear on the entry portal soon. 

Hi Bud

I may have to make a trip to SA in June to try and help my mom move house etc. Thought I might try and time it around this event as I love cycling in the Midlands so would be keen to know individual entry prices.

Suggest that a direct comparison between SANI2C and this event, as you have done above, is risky. Sani has a long history of loyal followers, covers incredible terrain that is largely not rideable outside of this event, is a point to point, with a different campsite each night, and is unique in many aspects. 

Having said that, I am keen to participate if I can get the timing right, so would love to know when the updates will be up.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Is this event still happening. No updates

Still on. Entries are still open on ROAG afaik.

• 2 weeks later...

The event is definitely still on ! Enties are open at http://www.roag.co.za/eventinfo.aspx?EventID=2188 and routes are confirmed.

Water tables provisions are being planned at the moment... so, nows your chance to say what YOU would like to snack on during the event. Let me know and I will do my best to have that there.

So far we have water, Coke, donuts, crunchies, Bar One's, banana's and.. some twisted sisters  :) 

• 1 month later...

That is great value.

I am relocating from Jozi to Howick on the weekend of the event, so no can do this year....next year I am in!

Good luck to all the organizers and participants!

:thumbup:

That is great value.

I am relocating from Jozi to Howick on the weekend of the event, so no can do this year....next year I am in!

Good luck to all the organizers and participants!

:thumbup:

Give us a PM when you can ride.