Simulate a ride on Edge 520?

Neville Bailey

I was wondering if there was a way of simulating a ride of a course on a Garmin Edge 520?

What do you mean by simulating?

following the same route someone else rode? yes - you can do that

simulating the ride on a trainer? depends on the trainer and the other kit you have.

What do you mean by simulating?

following the same route someone else rode? yes - you can do that

simulating the ride on a trainer? depends on the trainer and the other kit you have.

What I want to see is a playback, on the Edge, of the course - without actually riding it.

I know this can be done on Garmin's car navigators, which is why I was wondering if it can also be done on Garmin's Edge units.

Perhaps on the "full navigation" units like the 820 and up, but I haven't seen it on the 520

What I want to see is a playback, on the Edge, of the course - without actually riding it.

I know this can be done on Garmin's car navigators, which is why I was wondering if it can also be done on Garmin's Edge units.

You can scroll through the ride on Garmin connect for sure - you can view the course on the device and scroll around - not very useful really compared to what is on garmin connect.

Archived