Noob looking for a MTB riding partner/mentor. Stellenbosch

sa-shooter

Good day ladies and gents. So as the title explains, I am a total newb at this sport but I'm super keen to get going. I am most intrigued with the singletrack/downhill stuff but I've come to the conclusion that I probably need someone to show me the ropes before I pick up bad habits or break my neck. At this stage I'm still scraping cash together to get the basic kit going but should be good to go within a few weeks hopefully. So in the mean time I'm just reaching out and hoping there are some folks our there that wouldn't mind teaching a new rider the do's and dont's.

Hi.. welcome to the sport.. you forgot to say what area you located..

Interesting, I did ad it into the title but it seems that it was cut off. I'm based in Stellenbosch.

Is that SA-shooter as in from the Gunsite forum?

One and the same :). Sometimes I wonder if I should pick new names for each forum :D. I assume you're Ghost over that side too?

One and the same :). Sometimes I wonder if I should pick new names for each forum :D. I assume you're Ghost over that side too?

Hey, what do you know.

Nope, I created this account before I signed up there with a different nick.

But you know me.

Hey, what do you know.

Nope, I created this account before I signed up there with a different nick.

But you know me.

Very cryptic... :ph34r:. Nonetheless, small world after all :D

There's a few ok/half-decent riders over in Stellies that can show you the ropes....perhaps Nino or Ariane - if and when they're around  :whistling: 

Archived