[Event] Wilro Lions Cycle Challenge

Wilro Lions Cycle Challeng

Event Name: Wilro Lions Cycle Challenge
When: 15 April 2018
Where: Tarlton International Raceway, Gauteng
Category: Road

The Wilro Lions Cycle challenge is an official seeding event for the Telkom 94.7 Cycle Challenge (2018) and the Cape Town Cycle Challenge (2019).

All funds raised from the event goes back into our communities through various projects such as Guide Dogs for the Blind, Annual Educational Program, Paediatric Cancer Awareness and many more.

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...

Almost missed last night's cut-off online entry, I thought it was closing today.  In 2016 the weather was very bad with the rain, wind and very cold but I got my best seeding. Looking forward to this race.

shame its the same weekend as MD90

Wonder how it will affect the numbers - remember two years ago how cold the start was then they delayed the start while we all stood there shivering - then they canceled last year cause of another event clash

The Cradle Trophy is also taking place.  Event being run from the Maropeng Amphitheatre, so there might be some issues with traffic as the race passes the entrance to Maropeng...

Looks like it'a going to be wet and windy again ...

Nope, cloudy maybe  but no rain.

Hi. I got a late entry so didn't get an SMS with a start time. I've been put in group BL but I forgot to ask the start time and it's not on the number. Can anyone advise start time for BL? Thanks!

I tried to make myself a starring by helping out in the front of the BL group. It was not a good idea as I got to be spat out of the back after a few kilometers when we were about 7km to the finish line. The guys who were hanging at the back managed to finish nicely with the bunch. I liked the slow start building up nicely as we were warming up, unlike AL which usually starts as if its a 100m sprint competition.  Nice race overal - I will do it over and over again.

My first time again, had a good ride and enjoyed it with the AL guys but do regret not pushing a little, suppose that’s learning. Thanks to the organizers, I’ll be back to push hard next year.

Was a good race. First time I've done it. Will do it again. Well organised. Enjoyed the route. Good result. And nice fast racing when they combined VA, VB and VC. does make it tricky watching the guys you are actually racing. Pity it was not supported as well as other events.

Oh and I must add, parking, venue, the goodie bag, medal and friendliness was so worth the small entry fee!

I felt so sorry for the poor people battling the bees at the finish line refreshment station but they were still so pleasant and cheerful - well done!