Santini Twist gel

wonduhboy

I have an old pair of these which are really good, I also have a set of new Assos, I think the Assos are better but then the Santini's are pretty old already. Would Tony Impey ship to Ape Town?

Finally decided to get the twist gel - R670 from Tony Impey.

Will try them out this weekend and report back on monday.

Tried out the Santini's this weekend on a 90km krugersdorp loop and I must say they were super comfy - absolutley no pain in the nether regions. I am only comparing them to Anatomic and velotex bibs, but I was pretty impressed. I was worried they would be a bit thick/hot but even at 30degrees, I never felt uncomfortable.

Anybody looking at new shorts - call Tony Impey now and get a pair of these - they are the dog's balls!

Personally I'm not fully happy with mine. But then again they are made for those tiny Italian men and not us ladies with hips.

Guest Michelle

The ladies Castelli are quite nice.. cheaper than Assos.  Only problem is the stitching started coming apart & the colour faded... although this was after ALOT of wear.  The Assos definitely seem to be more durable - although you could buy two pairs of the Castelli for the price of the Assos Stern%20Smile

Michelle, are those bib shorts or not?? My problem is I like the bibs and 90% of female shorts are bibless, so I end up buying the male shorts...Big%20smile

Guest Michelle

Wonderwoman: Sorry, just saw your reply now... Yeah the ladies Castelli's are bib shorts.  Much more flexible than the assos shorts... plus they don't have those tight elastics on the legs (that make my legs look like little sausages, hehehe)  I've seen them for sale at a number of bike shops... Cycletech, Bruce Reyneke's, Fritz Pienaars Wink