Scammer: Peets

Apeman2

My guess is Admin reached out and asked not to publicly divulge any further information while they investigate. 

Fair enough. I'll wait for their info then.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Admin reached out and asked not to publicly divulge any further information while they investigate. 

That would also be my guess and I would think the best way forward...

That would also be my guess and I would think the best way forward...

But we want to know in the meantime just in case :thumbdown:

I am not arguing that it is illegal. I am merely saying that if it blows up in your face, because you were looking for a lekker deal, you only have yourself to blame.

As the saying goes: you can't cheat an honest man... but... if it's a boutique frameset at a boutique price, who's to suspect anything... it's the 'almost too good to be true' things that are obvious trouble. If it's a truly good counterfeit, would you suspect anything?

LOL...so would I   :ph34r:  :blink:  :wacko:  would love to know the real truth.

Until we find out, just don't buy any seriously discounted high-end bikes/frames/wheels/anything. 

If it's too good to be true....

Hi Guys

The purpose of my post was to warn other Hubbers and not to start a discussion of who is right and who is wrong. 

He sold a complete bike on the Hub and my friend asked me to go look at the bike as it's in my area. It was a very nice bike and my friend bought it. Peter seemed like a very nice guy and told me he is a rep that supplies bicycle parts to shops. He told me he can get me a frame as a favor from a friend or some crap. I told him that I don't want a replica or fake frame and he told me it's the real thing. He told me it will come with a certificate and serial number.

At the end of the day it was all lies. It's a Chinese fake.

I was stupid to buy it and I made a mistake. I will not use the frame and I will write off the money that I lost. 

so what did Peter Lambert do? :whistling:

Sold OP a non aunthentic bike frame, would like to know the brand though ????????‍♂️

Hi Guys

The purpose of my post was to warn other Hubbers and not to start a discussion of who is right and who is wrong. 

He sold a complete bike on the Hub and my friend asked me to go look at the bike as it's in my area. It was a very nice bike and my friend bought it. Peter seemed like a very nice guy and told me he is a rep that supplies bicycle parts to shops. He told me he can get me a frame as a favor from a friend or some crap. I told him that I don't want a replica or fake frame and he told me it's the real thing. He told me it will come with a certificate and serial number.

I was stupid to buy it and I made a mistake. I will not use the frame and I will write off the money that I lost. 

If you have this in writing, that he claimed it to be real, I am sure you can open a case against him. 

You give up way too easy my friend. 

Hi Guys

What frame was it and what did you pay for it?

That's just it, the OP seems very vague. But I will from here on in, keep my mouth shut until the OP provides us with some more info.

A friend of Peter?

Hi Guys

OP, did you get the certificate when you receive the bike? And the serial number?

What brands are issuing certificates?

In the past I rode Trek ; Cannondale ; Giant ; Scott ; Merida but never saw or received a "certificate" :ph34r:

Aah man then you definitely riding a fake ????????????.....????????????