Scammer: Peets

Apeman2

Well, Chachi, the OP also chooses to omit quite a lot of information, which seems to indicate that he's not telling the full story for a reason.

I'm just saying, everyone jumps on the band wagon when they can ride a Chinarello for cheap, never caring about the consequences until something goes wrong. Then they want to back track and blame everyone else.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

OP was taken by the seller, mentions "lies".

Nothing about "I knowingly bought a replica". 

Why give the criminal in this situation the benefit of the doubt?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether these things are "legal" so to speak or not, the buyer is fully aware of what he's getting when he's told the frame is a replica. Why else would someone buy a replica? They're trying to save a buck or two by buying a cheap version of a bike, knowing full well what they're in for. I'm not saying everyone is honest and upfront, I'm just saying that in the case of someone knowingly buying a so called replica, they know what they're in for.

Typically what's labelled a "replica" is actually counterfeit and therefore illegal regardless of whether this is disclosed or not.

While morally and upfront disclosure might make the seller feel a little better about things, it doesn't take away from the fact that counterfeits are illegal. There are serious consequences for both the seller and the buyer.

Typically what's labelled a "replica" is actually counterfeit and therefore illegal regardless of whether this is disclosed or not.

While morally and upfront disclosure might make the seller feel a little better about things, it doesn't take away from the fact that counterfeits are illegal. There are serious consequences for both the seller and the buyer.

Just for info: If one of us Hubbers see a "Chinarello" or fake wheelset (or other goodies) being sold on the Hub, then we should report it to you?

Even if they mention it is a Replica, or Chinarello or "carbon wheelset" or even "Full Carbon Bike" ???

Just for info: If one of us Hubbers see a "Chinarello" or fake wheelset (or other goodies) being sold on the Hub, then we should report it to you?

Even if they mention it is a Replica, or Chinarello or "carbon wheelset" or even "Full Carbon Bike" ???

I think the answer here is always yes. 

If you suspect something, speak up. We aren't all experts at identifying a fake, but we can always inform those who can. 

As Admin mentioned, even saying outright it is "not the real deal", it isn't less illegal to sell or buy.

I fully agree with this. I am too am guilty of selling replica cycling kits which was imported and too big for me. I was not aware of the replica clause and received an email from admin and immediately stopped.

Maybe add a report add function?

I fully agree with this. I am too am guilty of selling replica cycling kits which was imported and too big for me. I was not aware of the replica clause and received an email from admin and immediately stopped.

There is one, at the bottom of the ad:

post-77543-0-71080300-1524559812_thumb.jpg

I am not arguing that it is illegal. I am merely saying that if it blows up in your face, because you were looking for a lekker deal, you only have yourself to blame.

YES - please report any known or suspected counterfeits immediately. Even if the seller discloses it. 

There is an existing "Report" button visible on all adverts which can be used for this.

I think the answer here is always yes. 

If you suspect something, speak up. We aren't all experts at identifying a fake, but we can always inform those who can. 

As Admin mentioned, even saying outright it is "not the real deal", it isn't less illegal to sell or buy.

Thanx Karma  :thumbup:  just wanted to make sure...have seen a few suspect items on THE HUB  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  now we know...

YES - please report any known or suspected counterfeits immediately. Even if the seller discloses it. 

There is an existing "Report" button visible on all adverts which can be used for this.

Will do...thanx for the info  :thumbup:

I am not arguing that it is illegal. I am merely saying that if it blows up in your face, because you were looking for a lekker deal, you only have yourself to blame.

Agree - but we have no indication that the OP was knowingly buying counterfeit goods. 

OP was taken by the seller, mentions "lies".

Nothing about "I knowingly bought a replica". 

Why give the criminal in this situation the benefit of the doubt?

Because everyone is always the victim.

If he was told that he was buying a genuine frame at paying the cost for a genuine frame, then only to find out that it is a fake, then I humbly apologise.

But if he knew what he was buying, then I have no sympathy. He knew what he was getting himself into. No use crying about it on the Hub afterwards.

Because everyone is always the victim.

If he was told that he was buying a genuine frame at paying the cost for a genuine frame, then only to find out that it is a fake, then I humbly apologise.

But if he knew what he was buying, then I have no sympathy. He knew what he was getting himself into. No use crying about it on the Hub afterwards.

I think everyone will agree with you IF the buyer knowingly bought a fake. 

Should that be the case, he is part of the problem. 

Hoping OP can come back and clear up any confusion or Admin can inform us if the seller is really to be avoided, since it hasn't been proven the merchandise is in fact, fake. 

I think everyone will agree with you IF the buyer knowingly bought a fake. 

Should that be the case, he is part of the problem. 

Hoping OP can come back and clear up any confusion or Admin can inform us if the seller is really to be avoided, since it hasn't been proven the merchandise is in fact, fake. 

That's just it, the OP seems very vague. But I will from here on in, keep my mouth shut until the OP provides us with some more info.

That's just it, the OP seems very vague. But I will from here on in, keep my mouth shut until the OP provides us with some more info.

My guess is Admin reached out and asked not to publicly divulge any further information while they investigate. 

Archived