Trainingpeaks Form, Fatigue when using ATP

Sometimes your mind overrules what your "body says" - especially if you are number crunching and dont want to "lose" all that fitness score your 4 day race effort has given you. Sure it feels lousy losing all that "fitness" you have earned.

You con yourself that you are feeling fine, but as the FATIGUE isnt going down, properly, your future training suffers, and you can go into a state of being overtrained and/or then get a cold, flu, or burnout.

Its just numbers. When you rest sufficiently, your fitness and fatigue goes down, but more importantly your form improves, meaning that you do your subsequent training intervals better from a more refreshed base and can push yourself harder.

Some very valid points and I fully agree!

At the end of the day OP, just ride your bike - go out and enjoy it.

Some good insight guys. Thanks. Resonates with what I was thinking. Felt okay with yesterday's session with heart rate also behaving normally which kind of tells me I've recovered somewhat. Legs are just a bit tender.

Will see how I feel and also look at the numbers tomorrow and make a a call.

Will probably take it a bit easier over the weekend.