Fuentes Saga swept under the rug!

101%

It?s could be the day some were dreading and others were praying for: according to reports emanating from Spain, the Spanish Cycling Federation is poised to follow the lead of the Italian Olympic Committee?s exoneration of Ivan Basso and close all disciplinary proceedings against riders involved in Operacion Puerto. The news follows the investigating judge?s statement last week that none of the evidence collected by the Guardia Civil can be used by sporting federations to impose sanctions. Meanwhile, the criminal case which sees Eufemiano Fuentes suspected of masterming a vast doping network remains ongoing. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the estimated 200 bags of blood seized in the initial wave of arrests in May are currently undergoing analysis in a Barcellona laboratory. In an interview with Le Monde on Monday, UCI president Pat McQuaid hinted that he still harbours hopes of penalising riders identified as Fuentes? clients, possibly by appealing the Court of Arbitration for Sport. McQuaid reiterated his recent claims that new information on the implicated riders could come to light soon.Confused

I can just imagine the wheeling and dealing that has gone on behind the scenes.  If this doesn't prove that systematic doping is occurring at the very top level, nothing does.  There is so much money involved, and so much at stake, and so much influence being wielded - the anti-doping movement just cannot compete.

Unbelievable.