Worldclass service from Wahoo ZA

sliktrik

As bike (and accessory) owners we are all probably guilty of jumping on the back of our LBS or the distributor if things break and we aren't serviced immediately (or its our fault or the thing is out of warranty).

Over the last week to 10 days, I stripped an internal bearing on my Kickr 3 (a first apparently) and wasn't looking forward to the 7-10 day working process of having the device swopped out and/or repaired, given the opinions of some folk on the Hub, resulting from their dealings with the guys at Wahoo ZA (BuyCycle/Ikhambi).

I have to say though, I had nothing but fantastic service from Sean and all the folk at Wahoo ZA, from my first interaction on the phone yesterday, with Sean calmly talking (a bloody irritated) me through the process, to his efforts at their offices to troubleshoot the problem and then sending me on my way with a new unit within an hour of getting there.

We've all spent a lot of money on our toys but we should also remember that these guys have a business to run and as much as they are cyclists themselves and want to keep everyone happy, that the reality of business does get in the way - we should cut them as much slack as they give us a great product (and remember that we bought in the first place).

Happy trails folks

S.

A big up to Sliktrik for giving Wahoo ZA a positive write up . Most of the rants/raves we read are how slow , bad , rude and unhelpful  the LBS is .

As bike (and accessory) owners we are all probably guilty of jumping on the back of our LBS or the distributor if things break and we aren't serviced immediately (or its our fault or the thing is out of warranty).

Over the last week to 10 days, I stripped an internal bearing on my Kickr 3 (a first apparently) and wasn't looking forward to the 7-10 day working process of having the device swopped out and/or repaired, given the opinions of some folk on the Hub, resulting from their dealings with the guys at Wahoo ZA (BuyCycle/Ikhambi).

I have to say though, I had nothing but fantastic service from Sean and all the folk at Wahoo ZA, from my first interaction on the phone yesterday, with Sean calmly talking (a bloody irritated) me through the process, to his efforts at their offices to troubleshoot the problem and then sending me on my way with a new unit within an hour of getting there.

We've all spent a lot of money on our toys but we should also remember that these guys have a business to run and as much as they are cyclists themselves and want to keep everyone happy, that the reality of business does get in the way - we should cut them as much slack as they give us a great product (and remember that we bought in the first place).

Happy trails folks

S.

Hello Sliktrik, 

Thanks for the kind words and positive feedback. 

Sean and his team in Wahoo customer support pride themselves in servicing the Wahoo brand. I'm happy to forward your message to the whole support team. 

We're passionate about the brand and the cycling industry. 

Whooligans for life!

Happy trails folks

S.

Sean is a lekker oke, know him from Varsity days. The team at Buycycle also assisted with a very competitive price on a wheelset recently.

Thumbsup  :thumbup: