DT Swiss ratchet upgrade

GrahamS2

Which of these are compatible with the Shimano Micro Spline freehub ?

It's difficult to say with 100% certainty on all OEM models as hub shells vary from brand to brand and are NOT manufactured by DT SWISS.

That being said, as a general rule it has been found that DT Microspline freehubs fit all Boost hubs but only classic (jbend) 142 hubs as the freehub binds against the hubshell on standard/142 straightpull hubs - again, this might not be the case for all OEM brands though.

Full compatibility charts can be found for DT hubs/wheels only here

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the 54t ratchet upgrade to my DT Swiss 350s hub last week, from the factory 18t. Cost of the new ratchets was around R1200, and it took 5 minutes to swop them out. The improvement in engagement angle is MASSIVE and makes this a very worthwhile upgrade. The 54t is pretty loud in comparison, but I don't really mind.

The upgrade is now done on my DT Swiss hub as well. It is a massive improvement in immediate response when pedaling from when free wheeling. The sound is amazing, yet not loud at. Worth it!